PDA

View Full Version : Super Happy WIth My G751 So Far And A Fresh Install Did Wonders!

Almost Tactful
02-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Hey everyone :) so happy I went with the 751, the 980 is a BEAST. That being said, I just wanted to chime in what a fresh install did for me in terms of performance. I should have used more tests but, out of the box using the "Valley" benchmark from Uniengine I was seeing a score of around 3400 and 86FPS on Ultra. For that test I litereally opened the box, booted the computer, installed the benchmark and tested it.

Then I decided to do a full format because there was to much crap software to dig through. After I got Win 8 running again I reran the test. I'm now getting around 4100 score and just under 100FPS which is approx a 18-20% gain in performance just from a fresh install. If you haven't done one already, you're throwing FPS out the window :)

Jlieu
02-12-2015, 12:15 PM
tell me your USB 3.0 experience, especially left side. test with samsung Note 3 ( USB 3.0 compatible), hard rive or all USB 3.0 MODE devices. And try not to cry. This is the only bug in G751 for me, and all my friends. Hardware is perfect, super cool, fast. but bios suck.

cheers.

NitroX
02-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone :) so happy I went with the 751, the 980 is a BEAST. That being said, I just wanted to chime in what a fresh install did for me in terms of performance. I should have used more tests but, out of the box using the "Valley" benchmark from Uniengine I was seeing a score of around 3400 and 86FPS on Ultra. For that test I litereally opened the box, booted the computer, installed the benchmark and tested it.

Then I decided to do a full format because there was to much crap software to dig through. After I got Win 8 running again I reran the test. I'm now getting around 4100 score and just under 100FPS which is approx a 18-20% gain in performance just from a fresh install. If you haven't done one already, you're throwing FPS out the window :)

Glad to hear that! I've also bought my G751JY with a freedos and I have personally installed the windows and all the drivers and it seems that I don't experience many of the problems that other users have with a preinstalled OS. Maybe ASUS did a crappy job with the installed software as they did with other things when they released this series ...