PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G20 Motherboard Photo Please

Bodycount69
02-15-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm having trouble trying to remove my GPU can some one take a photo of the Motherboard under the GPU pacifically the area where the power supply is thank would be a big help to me.

icwhatudidthere
02-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Google is your friend:

http://m.prohardver.hu/teszt/asus_rog_g20_mini_gamer_pc/egyedi_belso.html

Also I think that means it won't fit the mini ITX case from your other post.

Bodycount69
02-15-2015, 03:47 PM
What I'm looking for is to see if I can plug a full size power supply into it.

Bodycount69
02-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Was thinking of moving everything over to the Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5TY23Z5687
But I don't see WiFi :( I need WiFi

welemski
02-16-2015, 02:55 AM
Can you guys confirm if I am blind or what?

Are those actually a laptop RAM module?

_
02-16-2015, 07:47 AM
> It doesn't have an ATX connector, you can't plug in a PSU sorry. It's a totally custom motherboard design.
> Those are notebook SO-DIMM DDR3 modules, yes.
> WiFi is the mini-PCIe card.

Not sure why you'd buy one just to take everything out versus buying separately?

Bodycount69
02-16-2015, 12:05 PM
> It doesn't have an ATX connector, you can't plug in a PSU sorry. It's a totally custom motherboard design.
> Those are notebook SO-DIMM DDR3 modules, yes.
> WiFi is the mini-PCIe card.

Not sure why you'd buy one just to take everything out versus buying separately?

I got mine very cheap open box sale I want to upgrade the ram and video when I took the cover off you have to take everything out to do it anyways. MarshallR any chance we can get a video of how to take apart a G20AJ ?

toronto699
02-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Yes MarshallR a video would be nice how to take a part the unit, my 11 year old daughter is asking for the same , I bought an other G20 for her so she can take it to friends to play games , the first unit had many problems, shes a little techie wants to know how things work and why then rebuild it lol. thanks in advance. My 11 year old only negative comment was the 2 power supplies, she thought they could be smaller or more compact , as they are very big for her to carry around in her backpack . she thinks the power supplies are not well thought out. to big

RedWolfTech
02-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Can you guys confirm if I am blind or what?

Are those actually a laptop RAM module?

Yes, it has 2 SO-DIMM slots - hence unfortunately the current 16GB RAM max.

RedWolfTech
02-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Yes MarshallR a video would be nice how to take a part the unit, my 11 year old daughter is asking for the same , I bought an other G20 for her so she can take it to friends to play games , the first unit had many problems, shes a little techie wants to know how things work and why then rebuild it lol. thanks in advance

Your 11 year old daugher is asking for a take-a-part video?? That's funny - she must *really* be a young techie :)

_
02-17-2015, 09:38 AM
I got mine very cheap open box sale I want to upgrade the ram and video when I took the cover off you have to take everything out to do it anyways. MarshallR any chance we can get a video of how to take apart a G20AJ ?

Now I have a G20AJ I will do one in early March. I'll ask for the service manual first then I'll have the 'official way' ;)

For your daughter I would recommend a GR8 tbh. It's a fraction of the size and weight.

Yes, it has 2 SO-DIMM slots - hence unfortunately the current 16GB RAM max.

It's first and foremost a gaming PC, not workstation replacement tbh.

toronto699
02-17-2015, 03:53 PM
MarshallR daughter and I picked up a Gr8 today shes much happier with the weight of the Gr8 fits perfectly in backpack even the key board . thanks for your advice. now shes watching Asus Gr8 videos , her most comments on the Gr8 was the sound , she said Gr8 sounds better than the G20 with head phones or speakers . she wont let me play with it yet.. but she has screw driver in hand lol The store where we bought the GR8 was kind enough to include a slim slot loading external BluRay drive
and shes asking what the internal USB port is for?

thanks hope to see G20 disassemble soon.

Bodycount69
02-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Now I have a G20AJ I will do one in early March. I'll ask for the service manual first then I'll have the 'official way' ;)

For your daughter I would recommend a GR8 tbh. It's a fraction of the size and weight.

It's first and foremost a gaming PC, not workstation replacement tbh.

MarshallR thanks a video would make a lot of people happy :)