PDA

View Full Version : G751JY-T7052H XHCI (USB 3) issue with docking stations

Giustiniano
02-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Hello,

I'd like to point out that I already updated BIOS with the latest patch, which supposedly fixed the usb 3 ports: while that one did fix part of the problem, I still can't use my inateck USB 3 FDU3C-2, a dual USB 3 docking station. Disks appears and disappears from the system, and the only way to get them working is by disabling XHCI on the bios, which kind of defeats the purpose of having USB3 ports.

What should I do? Is there any way I can point out this problem to ASUS so that they won't dismiss it? As stated on the title of this thread, my system is a G751JY-T7052H, a French model.

Thanks,

toronto699
02-16-2015, 11:08 PM
http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/forum.php

pokerface
02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Try all the ports, I had similar issues with my External WD 2GB HDD where the whole system would freeze when connected and copying data to it while it was connected to the left ports. I move it to the right port and it works fine now.

ASUS has been having USB 3.0 issues since the G75VW and continue to have issues with every new laptop they make. Strange how such a great company can make great laptops but cannot get something basic such as USB ports to work properly.

I have a strong doubt that any firmware / BIOS would fix it. It's crappy engineering, nothing more nothing less