PDA

View Full Version : How do I clean my g751jy laptop Dust ets..

Boaz Beatz
02-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Like the title says

DeltaActual
02-18-2015, 09:34 AM
With compressed air.

Boaz Beatz
02-18-2015, 12:10 PM
well you cant even open it

JerJer123
02-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I would really love how to know the best way to do this.

Prostar Computer
02-18-2015, 09:04 PM
An air compressor taken to the vents is the easiest way. Otherwise you'll have to disassemble the laptop to get to the fans and heatsinks. Even then, the heatsinks would need a blow out, while you can wipe down the fans if need be.

Avoid the cans of air, if you can. They'll work, but they're liable to build up moisture and are not as effective as even a low power compressor.

Boaz Beatz
02-18-2015, 10:00 PM
An air compressor taken to the vents is the easiest way. Otherwise you'll have to disassemble the laptop to get to the fans and heatsinks. Even then, the heatsinks would need a blow out, while you can wipe down the fans if need be.

Avoid the cans of air, if you can. They'll work, but they're liable to build up moisture and are not as effective as even a low power compressor.

do you think that i could use my vacum cleaner it has an option to blow out

Boaz Beatz
02-22-2015, 01:49 PM
? Would love an answer from you great people

joshindaphils
02-22-2015, 02:22 PM
? Would love an answer from you great people

A vacuum cleaner does not move enough air to be effective.

Boaz Beatz
02-22-2015, 02:48 PM
It blow out and really hard i can put screws on the desk and stand abit away and blow and they will all fall off anyway should i stop the fans in some way? Heard they break if you blow air at them they break cus the fans will spin up fast

joshindaphils
02-22-2015, 03:03 PM
It blow out and really hard i can put screws on the desk and stand abit away and blow and they will all fall off anyway should i stop the fans in some way? Heard they break if you blow air at them they break cus the fans will spin up fast

I've used my paintball tank (HPA) to clean systems out, that is 800PSI vs the 100-180PSI an air compressor puts out (don't know what the canned air is but it is lower pressure till) While the fans do reach truly impressive speeds, I've never had an issue...

Clintlgm
02-22-2015, 03:14 PM
I would go easy using an air compressor at 60 PSI I blew a stand off Clip spring from my G75 I was fortunate that is didn't get stuck in there somewhere and short out my MB.

NitroX
02-22-2015, 06:45 PM
I would suggest to wait until you actually have problems with the heat. The G751's have air filters on all intakes (you can see the ones on the bottom by using a flash light directed to the vents) and they would probably be safe for 1 or 2 years. And when the time comes you could just go to the warranty with the laptop because they should offer you a clean&repaste free from charge (or you could go to a laptop service and ask them for a clean&repaste but it may void your warranty). Or you could just wait until a tutorial on "How to disassemble" will be available and you can clean the fans yourself.

To increase this period before you will be forced to clean the laptop from inside (because eventually this will be the best solution after 1 or 2 years) you could try to keep the laptop as free from dust as possible by keeping it in a clean environment, on a desk and avoid keeping it on the bed or any kind of textiles because it tends to suck all the dust from those textiles.

And of course, as everyone else already said you can use some compressed air into the rear back vents and the ones under the laptop just to avoid clogs of dust. But be careful at the power of the compressed air! I saw that you said something about a vacuum cleaner. That should be ok to use for short bursts just to blow the dust a little bit and then you could use the vaccum as it is intended to pull out some of the dust. Keep in mind that when the vents are spinning backwards they can produce electricity that might go into your motherboard and fry some circuits. This is why I recommended only short bursts of compressed air and at low power.

This is one of the most important things that I miss from my G75VW. At that model you could clean both fans by just unscrewing the maintenance plates.

rickets
02-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Wow, weird solutions, guys. One thing i have always noticed about this standard answer that you hear people give for ALL laptops "blow it with compressed air" , is that generally speaking what this means is that you are blowing all sorts of crazy clots of dust bunnies INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!
I used to open my old macbook pro up, and take a tweezer to the dense clumps of dust that had accumulated in the basin behind the fans, which were occluding the intakes. I'm not even sure where the "intakes" are on this beastly asus g751. The vents in the back appear to be out -going.
I am betting that your best bet is to go in with tweezers, like i used to do on that old mac.

Boaz Beatz
02-22-2015, 09:03 PM
will that warranty work in sweden too? not that sure... also am i supposed to blow in air in the top fans or the buttom ones? sorry for my english

Boaz Beatz
02-23-2015, 03:01 PM
will that warranty work in sweden too? not that sure... also am i supposed to blow in air in the top fans or the buttom ones? sorry for my english

this ^

NitroX
02-23-2015, 08:00 PM

You should have an ASUS certified service over there too. Just google a bit and see if you find anything. Or just e-mail ASUS and ask them.

You can blow some air on both ways. By blowing a bit of air into the back vents you will remove the dust clods that build into the radiators and you could also blow a little air on the bottom vents to blow the clods from there. The laptop takes fresh air from the side ports and just a little from the bottom so it would be ok to also keep your ports free from dust.

@rickets: Disassembling the laptop would be the best choice to clean it because you can actually get rid of all the dust inside the laptop but not everyone is willing to go for a disassemble because they are not all experts and some may void their warranties.

Another solution for cleaning the dust clods would be something like this http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-MDV-1BA-DataVac-Computer/dp/B00006IAOR . See that it has a micro cleaning set that will probably allow you to clean the dust between the radiator fins. But this is just a better alternative to the easier and cheaper one with the Compressed air or a Vacuum cleaner that works in both ways.