PDA

View Full Version : Need the G751JY Recovery

pokerface
02-18-2015, 02:42 PM
When I first got my G71JY, I created the recovery partition using BackTracker on an external brand new SanDisk USB Flash Disk.

When I wanted to recover, I booted off the USB, but when the recovery starts, after a min or so I would get an error messages that many files are missing then the recovery would abort and end.

Seems like either the recovery process was corrupt or this USB Flash Disk is bad.

I did a clean install anyway but would like to have the recovery partition just in case for the future.

Can someone who has created this recovery partition on their G751JY possibly upload the entire image of the USB somewhere so I can copy the image as a whole to a new USB Flash Disk?

Please do it using Macrium Reflect by creating an entire image of your USB Flash disk

thanks in advance

pokerface
02-19-2015, 01:00 AM
anyone?

pokerface
02-19-2015, 02:09 AM
Ok it seems that the only corrupt file is the asus3.swm from the Windows Images folder on the recovery partition, I hope someone can upload it for me please

Thank you

kalo86
02-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Hello, as soon I get my Asus G751, I will upload this file for you.
At the moment I cannot do the job, sorry! Anyway I hope to help you ;-)

kalo86

galladanb
02-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Hey Pokerface...

Total PC newb here, but a Mac legend... LOL!

We have a G751GM (Best Buy Version). If you tell me where the file is you need
And how to upload it, I will be happy to do so...

I assume I will need to install a ftp piece like FileZilla, or?

And then what, e-mail it to you?

You can send me a PM here or I can send you my info via PM...

Up to you brother!

On a side note, I luv your avatar...
Can I steal it? and if I did how would I apply it to use for mine, LOL!!!

Thx, Dan'l

pokerface
02-19-2015, 10:01 PM
you can steal my avatar surely

no need for the file anymore guys, I returned my G751JY due to an issue where if I connect a USB 3.0 external HDD to the left USB ports and start copying some files it would crash completely, the ASUS tech service center verified this and they declared it as DOA (dead on arrival)

going back to my Alienwar 18 for now