PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone went for G751 due to G-Sync support?

MonarchX
02-19-2015, 02:10 AM
I was going to go with a GTX 980M SLi laptop to achieve that 60fps @ 60hz smoothness, but then I read about the G-Sync working with this laptop. This got me stunned because now I don't know what's going to provide smoother gameplay for me... I want to play games like Witcher 3 and GTX 980M non-SLi may very much dip into them 25fps @ max or even high settings, which would create flicker and even turn the screen off. GTX 980M SLi is also future-proof, but it may ultimately result in more micro-stuttering!

I also have a separate Eizo Foris FG2421 monitor on which I like to game when home due to its awesome contrast ratio, but when I travel I obviously going to use the screen that comes with the laptop. So that makes my decision even harder.

Does G751 model have upgrade-ability option to add another GTX 980M or replace it with a better card??? Is there anyone here, for whom G-Sync feature became the tipping point that resulted in the purchase of this laptop? Do you enjoy gaming on it? How does G-Sync feature work you? Pleasing?

NitroX
02-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Since the G-Sync thing isn't an official feature this might be foolish to be an important criteria for your choice. And I don't really think that the GTX980m can't get more than 25FPS on high settings. Maybe on Ultra it would have some difficulties depending on the optimization of the game but damn it, I get 40FPS in AC Unity on Ultra.. I really don't think that the Witcher 3 will be much more power hungry than AC Unity.

As for the G-Sync, don't panic so hard because you can turn it On or Off as you can turn V-Sync. So if you won't need the G-Sync feature then you could disable it to avoid the annoying black screens. For me it is working like a charm, and the temps on the CPU also got a bit lower due to better syncronization of the image (dunno exactly what happens but this is the result).

You can see a gameplay example from AC Unity with G-Sync turned on over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxMkx4f1ao
You can also find the modded drivers download over there and all information that you need to make them run (it's quite simple).

Svift
02-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Dont GO for G-Sync it is not a full feature.

Go for 100Hz IPS!! Best gaming/image quality laptopscreen ever mounted.