PDA

View Full Version : G751 Sound Solution - does it support SBX Pro Studio or Cinema 2 or X-Fi MB3?

MonarchX
02-19-2015, 03:29 AM
I apologize for making 3 threads so quickly. I should have consolidated my questions... I wanted to know the kind of audio solution G751 laptops use. I saw it said MaxxAudio, but what about Creative software? MaxxAudio does not support positional headphone audio, like Dolby Headphone, Razer Surround, CMSS-3D, or the very best SBX Pro Studio (SBX Surround) AFAIK. This is a gaming laptop, where positional virtual surround sound is quite important! Is there no such software for this laptop? There are 2 types:
1) It takes true 5.1 or 7.1 sound and downmixes it to stereo for headphone use with positional cues that let you determine the direction of where the sound is coming from and how far away that sound is. It does so accurately too. Examples - CMSS-3D, SBX Pro Studio, Dolby Headphone.
2) It uses only stereo / 2.1 source and adds echo and reverb effects to fake surround sound, distorting the sound in the process and having absolutely no positional value/accuracy. Examples - Realtek Virtual Surround

Please tell G751 has the right type of surround sound for headphone... There's got to be one! Are there any thorough sound reviews for this laptop?

Svift
02-19-2015, 02:41 PM
No Creative software
No Dolby Headphone,
you can use Razer Surround but it uses crappy sound quailty.
no CMSS-3D and SBX Pro Studio (SBX Surround) AFAIK only XONARS have that.

Its the option 2 :-( . G751s MAXAUDIO.... its crap TBH. I use Xonar U7 for speakes and headphone at home.

Since all the laptops have Realtek HDA chips most of the gaming laptops have even the same chipset I tried to install drivers from MSIs site for GT70 and G72 none worked... They have some kind of signature.

I is some king of licence limitation because HW is almost the same witch the same audio chips across MSI, ASUS etc.... Everyone who remember the X-Fi functions "unlocked " in cracked drivers and working on any and every sound card know that all this is only bu11**** :-).

G751 in stock is not equipped with good SW for sound processing.

winylka
08-26-2015, 08:01 AM
I had installed soundblaster mb3 on G751jy i may and it worked fully until I did a refren of windows. Now this mb3 ****ty software installs but pops window "The supported audio device not detected". Well hello it worked like 2 hours ago before refresh. Now it does not detect supported hardware what the f..k creative.

joshindaphils
08-26-2015, 04:57 PM
If you like Razor Surround it is $20, pick up a license and be on your way.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround

Different positional psychoacoustical implementations will have different levels of effectiveness for everyone depending on the models used.

I've personally not heard a psychoacoustical implementation I'm a fan of.