PDA

View Full Version : After replacing LCD, G46VW Hangs when not charger is not plugged in

RReap
02-19-2015, 12:30 PM
So I have a G46VW laptop. A while back my screen cracked, and I finally decided to replace (and upgrade) it. I ordered a replacement screen from HIDevolution.com. The screen came in, and I installed it. I turned on the laptop, and it had a weird picture. As if the computer was seeing it as 2 monitors. But after I rebooted the machine, that problem went away. However, now if I unplug the laptop, it hangs. Even if I turn it off, unplug it, and turn it back on. It will hang at the login screen when it finally boots up. But, and here's where I get lost, the device will work just fine when the LCD is powered off. I have the laptop set to only turn off the display when the lid is shut. If I run an HDMI cable from the device to another display when the lid is closed), it will work without issue. Plugged in or not. Then as soon as I open the lid, insta-lock. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? Thank you in advance.

RReap
02-19-2015, 02:11 PM
I resolved this issue by reinstalling windows. However, I still don't know exactly what caused the issue.