PDA

View Full Version : I have a g74sx and can't upgrade to intel 7260hmw.r

barbaricwolf
02-19-2015, 05:21 PM
I got the laptop from bestbuy in nov 2013. It came with windows 7 64bit and a centrino 6150 a 2.4ghz only wifi card. At 1st it din't matter but I recently upgraded my home network to ac1900 and my connection giga fiber. No matter what I did the centrino wasa major bottle neck. So I looked around for the fastest intel card I could find and found the 7260hmw.r.
I downloaded the drivers and uninstalled the old drivers. I then removed the old card and installed the new one. I installed the new drivers and I could not see my wifi networks. I went to network connections and saws the 7260 but it was not working. So I checked the antenna and they were connected. I checked device manager and the device is working properly it says. I run the test and I got a error message. It says HARDWARE NOT BOUND TO TRANSPORT DRIVER.

So I call intel and go thru the usual soong and dance and everything but can't find the problem. I call asus and they refused to help. So I am hoping that I can find some answers here. Also I noticed there is no windows cd in the box so I can do a clean install.

C4RN1
02-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Did you upgrade the bios to the latest?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11080-BrodyBoy-simple-but-effective-pdf-guide-on-quot-Updating-The-G74SX-BIOS-with-EazyFlash-quot

barbaricwolf
02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Says bios does not match model number but I think the problem is the asus wireless console and this malware is hard to remove.