PDA

View Full Version : G73sw Graphical problems

SniperLazar
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi all

I own a g73sw still in warranty and wen the temperature overcomes 70-75 if i'm playing for example a racing game (i use the laptop's keyboard) and the graphic board goes beserk having graphical errors (not loading the details in the game but shutting down and powering up the pc screen and something like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/3026089445_ac7997f598.jpg intermitent)

I can reproduce the reproduce the same error with and without battery

So my question is should i return it to the store for recovery or replacement?

(Until now i think its most appropriate to take it to the store)

Still i want to know your oppinion

Regards SniperLazar

JRd1st
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Start off by blowing the dbust out of the exhaust vent with short semi-rapid bursts of compressed or canned air.

SniperLazar
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
the problem is not the overheating but the errors themselves

they only happen if the graphic board is at that temperature AND minimally pressed if it was a problem with the overheating itself i'd know how to fix it i used evga oc scanner to stress test the graphic board it wont go over 80 but if it's pressed like i said above that is wen the problems begin

TheFuzzleFluff
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I get the same kind of screen, my temps don't go over 80 either

I have reinstalled drivers, Updated Vbios to the GSOD fix (that only made it worse)

for me this kind of screen only appears with a youtube video or games like counterstrike

games like Just Cause 2 or Quick Time movies work just fine

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i463/FuzzleFluff/Picture1.png

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i463/FuzzleFluff/Unplugged.png

I'm at a loss here, and don;t know what to do, would really like to see a solution

JRd1st
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Is it just me or are there an afwful lot of problems with ATI cards, lately? Maybe that new driver?

TheFuzzleFluff
11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
maybe... but I did revert them to the stock ones on the Asus site with no change

JRd1st
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Did you uninstall it then restart first? You should use either DriverSweeper or DriverCleaner.net unless you have ATI CrapCleaner (in which case I want it too for my New Drivers thread. Can't find it ANYWHERE!!!) :D ) Follow the directions of whatever program you decide to use.

Did this problem start after a driver or vbios change? There seems to be many more ATI complaints than usual around here, lately . . . .

grungeboy2
11-13-2011, 07:59 PM
sorry dude, but it looks like that video card is dieing. anytime i've ever seen graphical glitches like that, is when the video card is on it's way out.

TheFuzzleFluff
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I doubt the card is out, considering it CAN display things just fine, and oly does that when certian programs show up

THe problem began ot of the blue, overnight

I loaded it up one day and found it glitching

Maybe a drive cleaner could help

dstrakele
11-14-2011, 05:19 AM
To me, it looks a lot like what happens on my desktop CRT Monitor if the video cable starts to back out. Could this be the result of a loose (or faulty) laptop LCD video cable?