PDA

View Full Version : Installing drivers, issues with permissions (G751JT)

RMXM
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
So I did a clean install of windows 8.1 and downloaded from the website chipset drives and so on and all were ok till i got to elan touchpad drives and nvidia vga one,i rebooted after instslling and after esch reboot i got a windows asking me if i wanna run the touchpad exe and nvidia and i rebooted 3 times and same messages and when i click nvidia experience i get an error medsage saing it cannot work :/
Any ideas to why this is happening? on my test install with the dvd from the box drives i had not one window asking me if i wanna run a program after rebooting :(

Please any advice is appreciated i wanna use this laptop alresdy :(

pokerface
02-20-2015, 05:05 PM
The download was probably corrupt.

Please download it using Firefox or Chrome and try again, don't download it through IE

RMXM
02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Reinstalled windows and tri3d again and nvidia does the same then "geforce experience encountered an error and must close "

RMXM
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
The download was probably corrupt.

Please download it using Firefox or Chrome and try again, don't download it through IE
oh o.o ? That can happen just by downloading with ie? Indeed each time i used just ie xD
so that's the issue? Surprised the others were ok but each time nvidia and touchpad does this :/
i'l uninstall them and download again with chrome

Thanks for the reply!

*Update* Did so as you said but still the same issues :(

BigDRim
02-20-2015, 05:43 PM
I had the same problem. I updated Windows (the recommended updates too) and then GFE worked.

RMXM
02-20-2015, 05:48 PM
I had the same problem. I updated Windows (the recommended updates too) and then GFE worked. i dont get it i had first time all updates done from windows including recommended but that still happened :(

pokerface
02-20-2015, 05:57 PM
it's an easy fix, check your PM

BigDRim
02-20-2015, 05:57 PM
And optional ones? If not, uninstall GFE, update everything then install GFE (from nvidia website).

RMXM
02-20-2015, 06:07 PM
And optional ones? If not, uninstall GFE, update everything then install GFE (from nvidia website).

Tried reinstalling it wns its not just GFE elantech or hows it called for touchpad does the same each reboot i get asked if i want it to run :/

A Deviant Hero
02-20-2015, 06:21 PM
When I installed the touchpad driver after a fresh install, then restarted it had a popup asking if I wanted to run it. You check the box saying don't show this box again and then click yes you want to run it. Then no more box will pop up when you restart/reboot the computer.

RMXM
02-20-2015, 06:27 PM
When I installed the touchpad driver after a fresh install, then restarted it had a popup asking if I wanted to run it. You check the box saying don't show this box again and then click yes you want to run it. Then no more box will pop up when you restart/reboot the computer.
Do you get the little touchpad icon on the right side of ure bar after doing that like it's working?
I didint get that so thought doing so will not make them work.

*Update* No more permission messages after enabling Smart Scree, I had that set to off xD (Thank u pokerface for the help)

Tho I still get from nvidia GFE the message "Geforce experience encountered an error wnd must close."