PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Technical Preview

jowens1126
02-21-2015, 02:59 PM
I just wanted to report that I successfully installed windows 10 last night. Woohoo!

I must say im impressed. Windows has done a great job of reducing the bulk of the OS and streamlining the installation process. I split my HDD so I have a second 300gb partition for Win10 and install it from a USB stick. It only took maybe 30 mins to install, then maybe another 20 or so for updates and stuff to download and install. I absolutely love it. Its a huge improvement over windows 7, 8 and 8.1. It has the familiar feel of Windows 7 with the speed and lack of bloatware of 8.1. It looks like I will be using Win10 when it comes out now.

I had no issues getting the G75 to run and install windows. The only issue I am having at the moment is Audio. Works great on the headphones but I got nothing on the speakers. I saw another Win10 post on here somewhere the other day, so I will look for that and see what driver he used. Hopefully that will fix the audio problem.

Other than that im very please!

jowens1126
02-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Just installed the win 8 driver and it works! Nice! And its much louder than in Win7 too!