PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G73Sw Laptop bag

FreedomMRTN
11-13-2011, 08:25 PM
so the ROG bag that came with my laptop is too small and I actually broke the zipper on it because i loaded it too much, and was wondering if the Slappa Mask Transit (http://www.slappa.com/MASK-TRANSIT-Backpack?sc=2&category=134) is a good bag for this laptop.

Any Suggestions?

fuzon1337
11-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Personally I would say that the backpack you have found is to small for G73SW since the computer is bigger then a regular 17,3" computers.
I bought a carry case for my G73 that supports up to 18" and the notebook fills it all out.

So my suggestion is that you find a backpack that supports up to 18" and not just 17" :)

ScottinSoCal
11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't know the dimensions for the G73, but if they're similar to the G74, I can recommend the Targus TXL617. It's massive. The laptop slides right into the laptop slot, and the power brick goes easily into the next slot, leaving you 5 empty spaces, plus a couple of net sleeves that will hold just about anything else you might like. I just used it to go down and teach a soldering class at a vendor location, and it carried all the training supplies (components and PCBs), my spare portable hard drives, 12 hard copies of the standard, my portable projector, the laptop, my epi-pen, wallet, checkbook, keys, spare network and display cords, camera and cords, a couple of USB cords, all my e-cigarette supplies, and some other random stuff I hadn't cleaned out. Fully loaded it weighs about the same as a VW Beetle - and carries about the same.

FreedomMRTN
11-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I just ordered the TXL617 online and it comes in next week, hopefully it will be big enough. Thanks for the help.

ScottinSoCal
11-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I just ordered the TXL617 online and it comes in next week, hopefully it will be big enough. Thanks for the help.

If it's not, your next step is to get a Dodge Ram Mega Cab to haul it.

Seriously, I can't see hauling more than will fit in this backpack. Mine tipped the scales at 30 lbs. last week, and it wasn't more than about 2/3 full. I could easily have put my other laptop and power brick into it, without breaking a sweat. At least, not until I tried to pick it up.