PDA

View Full Version : G750JM not charging & dead

Charn25
02-22-2015, 08:19 PM
I purchased my G750JM last year in May. Two days ago I noticed that it was saying plugged in, not charging. However after it went down some it proceeded to charge again. Yesterday I am doing basic web browsing and my computer completely shuts off and would not turn on again. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. None of the lights at the bottom come on, not even the charging icons. I figure that since it something like this two days ago if I just let it charge over night maybe it'll be okay, not exactly. No lights, computer is dead as a door nail and will not charge. I've tried looking up the problem but haven't really seen much aside from "remove the battery, let it sit, plug it in again" which hasn't worked. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I still have 3 months for my warranty and I contacted asus through tech inquiry. I am a first time Asus purchaser, I am in awe that a laptop only 9 months in use can have such a problem. I am far from tech savvy I do basic computing and a lot of Online gaming. I just feel like for 1300 dollars this should not be happening after 9 months.

mintys1
02-23-2015, 06:42 AM
check the battery voltage using a standard multimeter....that should tell you whether its a battery fault or more serious computer fault, if its just the battery get a replacement via ebay, probably quickest option, otherwise just RMA it.

hmscott
02-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I purchased my G750JM last year in May. Two days ago I noticed that it was saying plugged in, not charging. However after it went down some it proceeded to charge again. Yesterday I am doing basic web browsing and my computer completely shuts off and would not turn on again. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. None of the lights at the bottom come on, not even the charging icons. I figure that since it something like this two days ago if I just let it charge over night maybe it'll be okay, not exactly. No lights, computer is dead as a door nail and will not charge. I've tried looking up the problem but haven't really seen much aside from "remove the battery, let it sit, plug it in again" which hasn't worked. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I still have 3 months for my warranty and I contacted asus through tech inquiry. I am a first time Asus purchaser, I am in awe that a laptop only 9 months in use can have such a problem. I am far from tech savvy I do basic computing and a lot of Online gaming. I just feel like for 1300 dollars this should not be happening after 9 months.

Charn25, if you have a friend that has a G750 or a local store that sells them, take in your laptop / power adapter, and see if plugging in your laptop into a known good working power adapter allows your laptop lights to turn on and boot. And, you can use your power adapter on another G750 to see if your power adapter is working. Then you will know what has failed and you can let Asus know via an update on your RMA case.

Remember that the G750JW/JX/JM/JS use the 180w power adapter, and the G750JH/JZ/JY use the 230w power adapter - I haven't tried swapping the 180w/230w adapters, if the voltage is the same - check label - then they only difference is the wattage / current handling so you could use either one.

Please come back and let us know what you find :)

code9523
02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
The simplest way is to check your power brick it should output 19 - 19.5 volts if there will be lover voltage you should get a new one. If the voltage will be ok it's a laptop problem and you should go to service.

iiesolutions
06-23-2016, 05:29 AM
Do you want to sell it? Reply to david@ladysmith.com

The simplest way is to check your power brick it should output 19 - 19.5 volts if there will be lover voltage you should get a new one. If the voltage will be ok it's a laptop problem and you should go to service.