PDA

View Full Version : A query re the GTX 860M

johdragon46
02-22-2015, 08:47 PM
I did post this in a thread re Windows 7 installing but I guess it is a long dead thread but I do have a few problems with my machine .
My post: Since I last posted this I have got the BIOS and boot up problems sorted what I cannot get is the NVidia driver to install because it constantly tells me there is no such device as the GTX 860M in the machine.
Have tried endlessly to get an answer out of Asus support but I think I am fighting a losing battle so what does anyone think I should try as I am at a loss as where to look and ask.

I have contacted the Asus support sites both locally (Sydney) and global and have got absolutely no further forward than where I ma now - left with just the Intel graphics. So please does anyone have any idea of what I have got to do to get the wretched problem fixed because I have had the machine since October 2014 and it is all beginning to wear a bit thin. I would be eternally grateful for any help.
John

Suhaib10
02-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Can you see the graphics card in device manager it'll most likely have a question mark beside it if windows cannot identify it. If its there you can try manually updating the driver.