PDA

View Full Version : G751JY windows 10?

Boaz Beatz
02-23-2015, 02:59 PM
will the drivers on the support page work for windows 10?

xdr
02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
I have the technical preview running on my G751JY. I had to manually install a couple of drivers but they all work well.

Boaz Beatz
02-23-2015, 03:47 PM
do you see any performance gains?

xdr
02-23-2015, 04:13 PM
It's running smoother then 8.1, but it's just a technical preview. Besides every time I try to access from 10 the drive with 8.1 on it it gives me a BSOD.
I'm waiting for at least a RC2 version before I can say its better or not.

The best thing so far about W10 is the price ;)

JasenDoe
02-23-2015, 06:26 PM
If you have windows 7, 8 or 8.1, you will be able to upgrade for free to windows 10, that is AWESOME!

But the best thing about windows 10...is the new directX 12..... it's going to boost gaming to another level !

ReDFoX2200
04-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Nvidia today release windows 10 beta drivers, if someone gave them a try please update how they perform :)

AQUASTEVAE
05-15-2015, 08:15 AM
i disagree with xdr. i have been using windows ten for a while now, and it is a hundred times better than windows 8.1. it is smoother, faster, and has a lot better features. just right clicking on the start menu alone gets it my vote, with all the options that are there. then the start menu itself is sooooo much better. then there is built in virtual desktops, with very nice features for switching and setting them up. and this is just a preview. it keeps getting better and better. then they've added cortana, which is huge. there are too many features to name all of them, but it is well worth the effort to try it. i dual boot it with win 7 ult x64 as my other os. i have been using the new nvidia video driver since it came out near the start of the month, and it is very nice. i am running my screen at 95hz, and it is buttery smooth. no problems with the driver thus far.

hexaae
05-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Sure we will be able to upgrade for free, I mean all OEMs can, right?

AQUASTEVAE
05-17-2015, 07:17 AM
all windows 7and 8 can, within the first year.

BeardNinja
05-31-2015, 02:33 AM
I'm running windows 10 on my G751JY and loving it. Even as an early build it is by far the best OS that windows has released and I am excited to see the finished product.

However, there are a number of issues that I have come across;

1/ touchpad buttons do no work,
2/ no keyboard hotkeys (shadowplay, steam, macro, or gaming center)
3/ Frequently when opening up the lid after hibernating, the keyboard will not work, I am required to do a full reboot to get the keyboard back. (Perhaps it's helpful to note that the key keyboard lights won't illuminate.)
4/ Not unique to windows 10, as this happened on 8.1 as well, sometimes when I open the lid after hibernation, the screen will not come on. Sometimes it will come on if I open and close a few times, but usually I need to reboot.

If anyone has any pointers or links to helpful advice, much appreciated.

Has there really been no one else running into these bugs?

ValiantOne
05-31-2015, 02:52 AM
Ninja, I ran into EVERY single bug you posted. The keyboard bug was a particular pain in the butt. However, I agree that Windows 10 is an awesome advancement in Microsoft Operating Systems. Just make sure you use the reporting tool to report those bugs. The more of us that do so the better. :)

Xehanort
05-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I can't wait until Windows 10 comes out, i'm hearing amazing things about the previews :D

But I think it's best to wait until Asus releases Windows 10 compatible drivers before installing it, because all of those issues seem driver related.

kingjezdi
06-01-2015, 02:15 PM
i became a message that i can reserve windows 10 now : )

Clintlgm
06-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Windows 10 will be a free update for all windows 7 and 8.1 users. All we need to find out now is if we are going to be able to download ISO so that we can clean Install?

Ok so it looks like July 29th is the release date.
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/6531-windows-10-release-date-july-29-a.html#post247406

Also see these FAQ http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq apparently we can reserve our upgrade, If I read this correctly Reserving will access your device and download hardware drivers that will be needed for a smooth upgrade.

AQUASTEVAE
06-02-2015, 10:04 PM
i have been using windows 10 since the first preview was released, and yes all the drivers work. win 10 is worth grabbing NOW. why wait? and yes, you can get an iso file of all the major builds. right now we are on build 10130, and it is as stable as win 8 ever was. and as much as i am a win 7 ult fan, win 10 is so much better in almost every way. no need to wait, go sign up for the ms insider, and get win 10 rocking today. all win 8 drivers work on win 10.

Pecku
06-03-2015, 05:01 PM
all win 8 drivers work on win 10.

? :/

jsteinberg48
07-31-2015, 10:14 PM
I tried the upgrade on my G751JY and it went well. It rebooted and then did another reboot and failed with the message, "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT with an error BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation. I then had to revert to 8.1.

Any suggestions. Asus and Windows tech support really had no insight to this problem. The issues that BeardNinja make me want to wait for a "windows 10.1" release before doing anything.

All suggestions and help are appreciated.

AQUASTEVAE
07-31-2015, 11:49 PM
I tried the upgrade on my G751JY and it went well. It rebooted and then did another reboot and failed with the message, "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT with an error BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation. I then had to revert to 8.1.

Any suggestions. Asus and Windows tech support really had no insight to this problem. The issues that BeardNinja make me want to wait for a "windows 10.1" release before doing anything.

i have NEVER had my keyboard stop working after hybernation. as for the upgrade problems you are having, it is vital to make sure that all of your drivers are up to date. the easiest way to upgrade is by the iso. so download it, and use it to upgrade. it is important to upgrade the first time, and not clean install, so that your info is on m$ servers. then you can clean install after that without needing a key code. almost all of the people who have been having problems upgrading, did so because of something on their own pc's. so make sure that you run virus scan, malware scan and all before doing the upgrade. cheers! hope this helps.

X-Gear
07-31-2015, 11:55 PM
I was getting the same error and the final stage of the upgrade process was freezing at 32% overall progress and 5% features and drivers. I followed advice here on the forum and the process completed without a hitch. I stopped the virus protection, updated the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from the Intel site [ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...ogy-Intel-RST- ] and put the laptop in airplane mode. Something in that triad did the trick and I was able to complete the upgrade on the very next try.

aeolisio
08-01-2015, 01:49 AM

Did you follow the guide here?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?72650-How-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-upgrade-and-clean-install-simple-guide/page4