PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking + Max fan speed = Awesomeness?

navis995
02-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi.

So I've been wondering. If I OC my CPU and GPU on G750JZ and then put both of the fans to the max, the temperatures stay under 80C on both CPU and GPU since the fans are on max obviously.

Now I wonder how much faster will they deteriorate? I know they wouldn't last 100 years even if I wasn't putting them to the maximum but still.

I do this only when I play games and I usually play them for around 8h per day so 8h of maximum fan usage.

Thank you to anyone who can explain this as precisely as possible.

Cheerio!

matau
02-24-2015, 11:19 PM
How do you put them on max speed? Is there any way to control them?

navis995
02-25-2015, 12:34 AM
There is! I used GPUTweak by Asus! It's meant for GPU but it activates both fans ergo giving you the maximum cooling you can possibly get! Neither CPU nor GPU reach 80C when I OC them! Wohoo!

Download link in case you want to try it out. (I have G750JZ and I cannot guarantee it will work for your laptop as well :))
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8.1/GPUTweak/GPU_Tweak_Win81_64_VER109.zip

Tipico
02-25-2015, 06:40 PM
I've been using the GPUTweak's OC + Max Fan speeds in short bursts and it's just incredible how it easily cools the lappy from 75C to 55C while gaming! I posted a few days ago asking the community if constantly using the fans at max speed would deteriorate the fans in the long run, but nobody seems to know. I also want to know if it would be more convenient to increase the fan speed with a third party software since... considering the fan can reach "25500 RPM", shouldn't it easily do double the 4000 RPM standard speed? ASUS Support didn't answer either. I hope someone can answer our question. Oh btw, I'm on a G750JS.

matau
02-25-2015, 07:12 PM
I have JS too but that program never worked with me. When i press "run gpu fat at max speed" nothing happens.