PDA

View Full Version : G751JY-T7059H really low FPS

Terralin
02-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Hi, my Notebook seems to got problems since last week. I get 20-25FPS in all games I play (Dragon Age Inquisition, WoW, Far Cry 4)

Drivers are up to date, also tried older ones.

Hope you guys can help me with this.

Greetings Joshua

NitroX
02-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Go for a "Clean Install" of the GPU drivers. I had a friend which had the same issue because the GPU wasn't changing the frequencies as it should. Also, after you do the clean install go to Nvidia Control Panel and set "Prefer Maximum Performance" on all games (you find this in the Manage 3D Settings tab).

You should also get an OSD monitor like MSI Afterburner to monitor your frequencies/temps/usage of the CPU/GPU while you are gaming (those stats that you usually see in the top corners of different gameplays on youtube). That way you can see if the GPU/CPU are running at their maximum clocks and you can also keep an eye on the temps to see how the laptop is performing.

MUNKYSTOMPU
02-25-2015, 09:14 AM
What are good vs bad temps using msi? I'm new to this and having the same issue on my gl551j. Like 10 fps according to steam.

NitroX
02-25-2015, 09:57 AM
What are good vs bad temps using msi? I'm new to this and having the same issue on my gl551j. Like 10 fps according to steam.

Good temps should be somewhere around 70-75C for GPU and 80-85c for CPU, when playing demanding games like BF4, Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, etc. Bad temps would be anything above 85C for GPU and over 90C for CPU.

Pay attention that here I'm only speaking about average temps, not maximum temps. Because sometimes both CPU and GPU could get some much higher peaks that are only recorded for a second or a few seconds, so that max temp shouldn't be worrying you.

MUNKYSTOMPU
02-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Good temps should be somewhere around 70-75C for GPU and 80-85c for CPU, when playing demanding games like BF4, Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, etc. Bad temps would be anything above 85C for GPU and over 90C for CPU.

Pay attention that here I'm only speaking about average temps, not maximum temps. Because sometimes both CPU and GPU could get some much higher peaks that are only recorded for a second or a few seconds, so that max temp shouldn't be worrying you.
thanx,any tips on fixing my low fps? and do i check those temps while in game?