PDA

View Full Version : Leap Motion Inquiry for G751JT?

N73Raider
02-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Hi Guys, ok so I decided to finally buy my first gaming notebook. I got the G771 initially, but because of horizontal lines, and screen flicker problem, I returned it the next day. But then I decided to change the unit to G751-JT. The thing is I'm not sure if the G751 has this Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera, and if I can use this Intel Leap Motion device with the G751-JT? :)

RogueNote
02-27-2015, 08:39 AM
When I asked about this I was told that just the specific G771 model had RealSense so I'm not sure G751 can make use of that. Normally the real sense laptops have 2 cameras In front from what I have seen and G751 has just 1 normal web camera.
Hope you enjoy your new G751JT, I have the same model and it's a BEAST of a laptop! :D

N73Raider
02-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Thanks mate! Lovin' this G751JT!.. Can't wait to play everyday after work. Thank you very much for the info, now I understand..

N73Raider
03-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Just want to update my thread. I finally got my leap motion device, as for the compatibility, it works pretty well. But after installation, I noticed my video/graphics was affected, specifically while playing Hitman Absolution, cutscenes are different than usual, as if the video was getting divided into many horizontal parts (4-6 per occurence, random screen location,about 20pixel wide), I'm not sure if this is the issue called scaling. The next day I restored my system to the restore point before my G751JT was installed with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrbutable (Comes with Leap Motion Installation). I noticed that the issue was gone.. I had that issue before on my previous model G771, but a lot worse because instead of just video issue, it has the black horizontal lines issue. But I not sure if it was because of the leap motion installer, because when I rolled back my laptop to the restore point before C++ Redistributable was installed, the horizontal lines are still present.

NitroX
03-09-2015, 07:26 AM
So, what you are saying is that we can use the Leap Motion device also with G751JT and JY ? And apart from the issue with the horizontal lines, how did the motion feel ?

N73Raider
03-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Yes Sir I noticed the Device is also useable with the G751JT. For my perspective I felt no difference at all with the motion/gesture on the App, I can still play games on the Leap motion App with the G751JT, the same way I played with it on the G771.. The horizontal lines are also present only on Video/Cutscenes on my game Hitman absolution. On the Leap motion App, I don't see any horizontal lines. By the way I decided to buy the leap motion device because the G751JY I saw on the store, was bundled with Leap Motion.