PDA

View Full Version : Loose screw found inside G751JT

czkhor
02-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone, need some advice here. I found a loose screw from inside laptop 1 week after the purchase. It started when I heard a rattling sound when moving the laptop around. The rattling was mainly around the top right corner and with some help, I managed to extract some plastic and the screw from the laptop. The screw is not more than 4mm in length, and around 1mm at the tip. Should I just leave it like this, or send it to ASUS service center to have it screw back?

NitroX
02-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone, need some advice here. I found a loose screw from inside laptop 1 week after the purchase. It started when I heard a rattling sound when moving the laptop around. The rattling was mainly around the top right corner and with some help, I managed to extract some plastic and the screw from the laptop. The screw is not more than 4mm in length, and around 1mm at the tip. Should I just leave it like this, or send it to ASUS service center to have it screw back?

Make a Technical Feedback and send them this picture. You should report any kind of issues to them even if you don't want to go to the service for a repair. They don't even have a solution for things like this but depending on your b**lz you could ask for a money compensation due do physical issues with the laptop or you could ask for another model. But, if this model does not have any other serious issues like "bleeding, high temps, black screens, etc. ) I don't advise you to go for the laptop exchange.
Now, I do not know the policies in your country but this is what usually happens here in Romania.

Falco II
03-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I had the same thing happen to me when I was removing my HHD. The screw was just sitting there, it wasn't rattling around, no sign of a missing screw anywhere not installed. My G751JM is working just fine.

1337brian
03-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Pretty ticked off. Just recieved my G751JT from Bestbuy in the mail today and low and behold this has happened to me as well. I would love to open up the case and fix it myself but don't want to void my warranty of course. I contacted ASUS and they recommended I bring it to Bestbuy and have Geek squad look at it which is the last people on earth I want messing with my brand new laptop. I'm not sure if I should just leave it be or bring it in, either way not too happy about it.