PDA

View Full Version : Device connect/ disconnect sound loop on startup

insiZion1
03-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Morning.. noticed this the other day when booting machine I get the device connect /disconnect sound looping for about a minute or so. I`m really not sure how long this has been happening as I tend to leave my headset plugged in and on boot I`m not normally wearing them.
In event viewer there seems to be something going on with ACPI

: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The bios might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

I upgraded bios to 206 and this did not solve anything I still get the event. I`ve disabled sound in sound tab but I would really like to solve this as is shouldn`t happen.

When I first booted the machine today I went straight to eventviewer and to my surprise there were no events. I thought maybe it was something to do with the date.. so I rebooted and reactivated the sound and on restart the annoying loop was back. :/
I`m wondering if this happens only on restart as and is ok when the machine has been switched off for a long period. I will have to test..

If anyone has experienced this problem or knows of it I would really appreciate some help.

cheerears J

insiZion1
03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
It turns out to be a problem with a motionjoy Bluetooth controller I installed sometime back. This was to enable me to use ps3 controller for certain games. I thought I had uninstalled it all but there were some remnants leftover which was affecting the Bluetooth. All sorted now.
Advice to anyone out there wishing to use a controller would be to stick with xbox...and whatever you do avoid motionjoy drivers..

maybe this will help someone with similar problems.