PDA

View Full Version : G20AJ Warranty void if case is opened?

rene_canlas
03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Is this true? Why would Asus include spare GPU power and SATA connectors in the box, if we are not meant to open and upgrade the unit?!?

GoHack
03-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Is this true? Why would Asus include spare GPU power and SATA connectors in the box, if we are not meant to open and upgrade the unit?!?

I have no idea, but yes you do void the warranty.

With that said, if you are very careful, the sticker on the bottom of the case is easy to lift off, using a small knife, just enough to remove the cover. You don't have to remove it entirely, in order to allow you to remove the cover.

What I did was to stick a small piece of wax paper carefully behind the exposed sticker, so as to not damage it. In the picture shown below, the portion to carefully lift off is the portion covering the cover, which is the black portion, and a little under the red case, in this photo.

Once you are finished, you can either remove the wax paper and reapply the sticker, or just leave it, as I did, since I will be opening my case once again at some point in time.

As you can see in the photo, the black cover surface isn't flat, so the sticker isn't sticking on it very good.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47015&d=1425226859&thumb=1&stc=1