PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75Vw Won't boot; screen black

flyingreject
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
I've seen this issue posted a few times but I'm not sure of this exact circumstance.

Used the laptop earlier today without issue. When not in use I normally close the lid and have it setup to go to sleep.

A few hours later I returned and opened the lid. The hard drive activity light lit up and everything sounded normal...except that the screen stayed black. The keyboard was backlit but alas, nothing on the screen. I closed the lid again, opened it, same situation. The computer seemed to know it was supposed to go to sleep and wake up but the screen was not activating.

Eventually I pulled the power cord and removed the battery. After reinstalling the battery I powered it back up. It would attempt to start and then stall. No welcome to windows noise, but I have the speakers muted and cannot tell if it is actually getting that far.

Plugged an external monitor into the SVGA output and HDMI output and no image on the external screens. I removed the battery and plugged it into the power cord, nothing. I pulled all power, held down the power button for 30 seconds, still nothing.

Read on here about holding CNTRL and HOME while pushing the on button and still nothing although it seems to want to do something different because the keyboard backlighting does flash. No image on the screen, etc.

Pulled the HDD and plugged it into another laptop. It shows all files and I had no issues navigating it. Not sure if this is hardware related or if Windows got confused. This machine has Windows 7 Professional on it and was bought at Best Buy in mid-2012.

Any help would be appreciated.

B-RAD
03-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Stay away from Best buy would help. LOL The Geek squad are Idiots at least the ones in Richmond Indiana. Can you access your bios at all? I have heard of this problem and have had this happen to me b4 but not sure either what the cause is. The pc acts as if it does not want to wake from hibernation. If I remember correctly I accessed my bios and changed the hibernate on lid close settings to off. For some weird reason I think it happened to me again later and I got it to boot up by removing the batt b4 I powerd it up. Not sure if that's what let it wake up cause it makes no since to me but its worth a try. I have had a lot of boot problems from these g series asus laptops if they are not shutdown correctly or if they go into hibernation?

Moita
03-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Hello there.

I'm having the exactly same problem.

At first I thought that would be some Ram or HDD problem, but I've tested both and still my computer turns on whenever he wants. I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the BIOS. I'm hoping that I can start my computer later and update my BIOS, but I'm not sure that this will make it work.

Anyone got any clues or help? Did you repaired yours?

Thanks in advance!

Nahrga
03-23-2015, 03:29 PM
You could try this and see if it helps:

1. Download the G75VW BIOS from here: http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/HelpDesk_Download/ (Doesn't have to be the newest version).
2. Rename the G75VW BIOS file to G75VW.BIN and copy it to your C:/ drive. (You may have to use another PC to do this).
3. Hold down CTRL+HOME keys as you press the power button (release power button after it powers on) and keep holding CTRL+HOME until you see the BIOS flash proceeding on the screen. (Flash process shouldn't take more than 5 minutes).

I found this solution from this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31410-No-video-g75-vw-bios-restore-to-default
However, use this solution at your own risk.

Hope it helps :)

ajlove
03-29-2015, 09:45 PM
I am having the same problem with my 3 year old G53SX since last week and yesterday my home built PC started doing the same thing :(

My laptop makes the windows load noise, PC no noise. The only thing my laptop and PC have in common is they both have ROG motherboards, not sure if that matters?