PDA

View Full Version : G750JM Black spot on screen.

greennewt
03-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Hello, I have a Asus G750JM and recently I thought I had a dead pixel. After some closer examination, the dead spot moved about an inch downward and I noticed it has strange parallax, so I don't think they are dead pixels. I thought it might be a piece of dust or something. Any ideas on how to fix it?

wednesdayraven
03-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Try running games intensively on it and see what happens. Usually for your case if it is moving, high chance either it is a stuck pixel or a dust inside the screen. You can try to rub with a soft cloth or a blunt object on the screen (DO NOT RUB HARD OR USE SHARP OBJECT TO RUB THE SCREEN).
Myself on the other hand very unfortunate where the pixel is 1 red dot. Been using this laptop for almost a month now and it still has not change. =(

cl-Albert
03-03-2015, 05:10 PM
After some closer examination, the dead spot moved about an inch downward and I noticed it has strange parallax, so I don't think they are dead pixels. I thought it might be a piece of dust or something.

Not sure if it's possible for this model, but I remember reading before a small bug was able to find its way into the screen, so wondering if you could be running into this as crazy as it sounds.

I vaguely remember the customer tried putting a light by the side of the screen to attract the bug and help it find its way out....

Darnassus
03-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Not sure if it's possible for this model, but I remember reading before a small bug was able to find its way into the screen, so wondering if you could be running into this as crazy as it sounds.

I vaguely remember the customer tried putting a light by the side of the screen to attract the bug and help it find its way out....

Yep. A lightning bug. The ones that get into those 'apparently impossible light fixtures'. They get in the LCD layers too and it's a bother to get them out. Don't press on the screen, you might squash it and it will stay there forever.

Prostar Computer
03-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a foreign something-or-other is lodged in there, not a screen defect, in which case this might require some disassembly to get it taken care of.

hmscott
03-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Hello, I have a Asus G750JM and recently I thought I had a dead pixel. After some closer examination, the dead spot moved about an inch downward and I noticed it has strange parallax, so I don't think they are dead pixels. I thought it might be a piece of dust or something. Any ideas on how to fix it?

greennewt, dude, you've got a bug(s) in your screen :)

Bug behind screen.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38028-Bug-behind-screen&highlight=insect+screen

As Darnassus says, don't squish it :)

You can coax it out with light, and/or suck it out with a vacuum. If you have such little guys in your environment, you might want to use a bug repellent wipe on the outside edges where they can crawl in to dissude future squatters.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/editpost.php?p=317402&do=editpost

Please post some photo's!