PDA

View Full Version : i am using my laptop as stationary pc, is that a problem?

matau
03-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I have bigger monitor connected to my laptop, also a keyboard and mouse. i am keeping my laptop lid closed all the time and i wonder is there any chance to damage my screen with the heat my laptop make while i am playing games?

navis995
03-02-2015, 04:26 PM
As long as the temperatures are low, you not should but will be fine regarding anything.
Heat is an enemy.

tian447
03-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Why would you buy a 1000 laptop to use as a desktop, when you could have bought an equal or better spec PC for much cheaper...?

hmscott
03-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Why would you buy a 1000 laptop to use as a desktop, when you could have bought an equal or better spec PC for much cheaper...?

tian447, smaller profile on the workspace. Less power consumption, lots cheaper/greener to run. You can take the laptop with you - leaving an external drive / backup behind. The external screen is easier to read / use while at home. I also keep a dedicated monitor for my laptop at work, quick setup/takedown every day.

And, I can take the laptop around the house, outside, etc - my primary computing device is available wherever I need it :)

The better question is, why do you want a big noisy power sucking metal box knocking your knees while you are working? ;)

matau
03-03-2015, 05:20 AM
tian447, smaller profile on the workspace. Less power consumption, lots cheaper/greener to run. You can take the laptop with you - leaving an external drive / backup behind. The external screen is easier to read / use while at home. I also keep a dedicated monitor for my laptop at work, quick setup/takedown every day.

And, I can take the laptop around the house, outside, etc - my primary computing device is available wherever I need it :)

The better question is, why do you want a big noisy power sucking metal box knocking your knees while you are working? ;)

This + its sexy :D

tian447
03-03-2015, 10:24 AM

I like my big noisy power sucking metal box :P

I guess it makes sense as it is effectively a desktop replacement instead of an actual desktop machine, but I prefer to have both for different tasks!

Symho
03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

:cool: