PDA

View Full Version : what happens when my battery dies?

DX6Or
03-03-2015, 04:54 AM
when i was examining my laptop freshly out of its retail box, i noticed that the battery for my laptop is completely enclosed
cannot remove it so i started freaking out and im still kind of worried and im left with a few pressing questions.

like, A:
what the heck happens when my battery dies?

B: can it be replaced?

C: if my battery dies and there is no replacement option is does that mean my 1,700$USD G751JT-CH17 basically a brick? or will
windows still load with just my wall charger- IN OTHER WORDS, WILL MY COMPUTER STILL OPERATE WHILE PLUGGED IN, WITH A
BATTERY THAT WONT CHARGE/HOLD CHARGE?

rowee270
03-03-2015, 05:18 AM
Yes your computer will still work.

Batteries don't suddenly lose a charge, they slowly reduce amount of minutes you can run it from the battery. I've got a couple of 5 year old laptops that still can run off battery for an hour. So it will be enough to at least save your work in a power cut :)

These laptops aren't really meant to travel far from a power point anyway.

Boaz Beatz
03-03-2015, 05:19 AM
Yes it will work without the battery as long that it is plugged in

DX6Or
03-03-2015, 05:34 AM
ok thanks for clearing this up. im soo used to computers without batteries (desktops) so i wasnt sure how that worked.. i went from a rig i built that
had a A10 6800k and a GTX 660ti to this laptop and im just amazed at its performance.

i am just really happy i got this laptop and now that i put a Bluray drive in it, it went from awesome to insanely incredible.

bahiista
03-03-2015, 06:56 AM
i also used this laptop for longer times and plugged. i notice that when it's battery is fully charged and its still plugged, it will automatically cut off the charging,
meaning even though its plugged, it will not continue to charge and ruin your battery life, you can check in the notification area.