PDA

View Full Version : real bench freezes after first test

sabah70
03-04-2015, 12:40 AM
hey guys I actually have two problems. the first is as it says in the title. after the first test real bench freezes and I have to reboot the computer. have not had this problem before and not sure why it's happening. I have run it before with the same clock with no issues what so ever. I was just gonna uninstall it and download it again but when I do avast reads a virus in it and will not let it continue. I believe it 's a win64 malware virus or something close to that. any help on being able to actually reinstall this would be helpful.

Menthol
03-04-2015, 02:27 AM
It is not a virus so disable your anti virus and download, the second test is hardest on the CPU so if it freezes your system is likely unstable, at least not stable enough to run the test

sabah70
03-04-2015, 04:47 AM
menthol I would agree with you on that except for I have run it in the same configuration many times before with no issues at all. I did get it to run by disabling avast for a bit.ran fine then. but once I turned shields back on no go. I'll try it again though. I appreciate your help

sabah70
03-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Menthol I wanted to follow up. I think I found an answer. while the cpu overclock was stable, just for giggles I decided to give a bit more voltage to the GPU overclock. I forgot that I had been messing around with it a bit seeing if I could push it a bit further and I only let it run like one or two loops in uniengine valley. anyway I raised the voltage a bit and it ran no problem. Not sure why the gpu had anything to do with it but if you had not mentioned the overclock I would not have thought about that. thanks again for your help