PDA

View Full Version : G75VW froze while using - forced shutdown - reboots to power light, no display.

wgbeatty
03-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I've read about various power issues with the G75, but haven't been able to find a resolution for mine.

The other day, I had to do a force shutdown with the power button as my G75 froze. When I tried to power on, the power light lights up (on bottom front and the main power button light), the hard drive light come on for a second, and the keyboard backlight flashes on and off. No display on screen. It seems like it wants to boot, but stalls out. None of the cooling fans start either - are they supposed to fire up briefly (I don't even recall).

I've tried the old removed the battery, AC and hold the power button down trick (did not work), and tried reseating and taking memory modules out and putting back in.

Any thoughts?

Red-Tide
03-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Same issue I am having. Mines been to the depot 4 times and it is atill not resolved. Its a cold boot issue.

wgbeatty
03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm leaning towards motherboard malfunction? Hope not, but can't figure out any other possibilities at this point.

wgbeatty
03-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Well, just did a factory bios flash (reset) using Crtl + Home and powering the laptop on. After reflash, the laptop is now booting again. Strange.

Red-Tide
03-05-2015, 06:36 PM
I am sure mine is mobo related as well, however, after 4 trips to the service depot they have done nothing other than load than reload the OS (every time). Which makes no sense to me as they obviously have to do something to even get the machine functioning. What does the OS have to do with the machine not even booting up? Even if the OS was corrupted I still should have been able to get into bios.

Red-Tide
03-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Well, just did a factory bios flash (reset) using Crtl + Home and powering the laptop on. After reflash, the laptop is now booting again. Strange.

That process doesn't even work on mine...

wgbeatty
03-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah, def sounds like you have a motherboard issue.

B-RAD
03-06-2015, 04:32 AM
I could be wrong but it sounds like maybe you have a MBR (master boot record problem).

B-RAD
03-06-2015, 04:55 AM
Can you get into your bios at all? If so make sure your hdd is on the boot list and all hdd are configured right. I had this happen to me as well with my G75 VX.The Geek squad at BB told me it was the motherboard because my hdd did show up in bios. When I got home I realized my hdd wasn't being read everytime I booted into the bios. I pulled the factory 1 tb hdd in and out a few times it booted up. Not long after that it stopped again. I was told my MBR was prob corrupt but I switched out the I tb for a 250 ssd and booted it with win disc and all was fine but I assume you already checked this. Anyone who thinks I sound way off about this might being the prob say (hi in) a reply

Red-Tide
03-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I cannot get into my machine at all, I cant even reset it and get into bios. Mine is a brick. Waiting for help from Asus currently.