PDA

View Full Version : G751 JT Black Screen on Start Up

Hebrew
03-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Often I get a black screen on boot. I have to hold down start button and restart several times before the laptop will fully boot up properly.

I have done the CMD /scan thing, I have done the f9 OS refresh, updated BIOS to 2.06 or whatever the latest one is.

I always have Windows updates turned off. I don't know what is going on here.

The things I've tried to fix the laptop will work for a while, where it will boot normally for a time but it slowly revert back to the point where I've illustrated above.

Can anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

It is very frustrating to have problems with a brand new laptop.

G751 JT is the model number

I am otherwise very happy with the laptop.

Qosmio
03-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Often I get a black screen on boot. I have to hold down start button and restart several times before the laptop will fully boot up properly.

I have done the CMD /scan thing, I have done the f9 OS refresh, updated BIOS to 2.06 or whatever the latest one is.

I always have Windows updates turned off. I don't know what is going on here.

The things I've tried to fix the laptop will work for a while, where it will boot normally for a time but it slowly revert back to the point where I've illustrated above.

Can anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

It is very frustrating to have problems with a brand new laptop.

G751 JT is the model number

I am otherwise very happy with the laptop.

I have had 8 pieces from this laptop.Two of them has been the same problem.Only way to fix it replaced the laptop,where you bought it or send to RMA.The other 6pieces never had this kind of problem.They had other:))That is Asus fault.

Hebrew
03-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Ok, well now I went into the bios and disabled "Fast Boot" and I have been able to shut down and boot up 5 times at least without issue. By no means does this mean fixed as it's mnot a big enough sample but it means fixed until further notice. I will post back if it happens again and I will also post here if I do need to return it. I'd rather keep this one as everything else is very good on this one.

Prostar Computer
03-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Fast Boot has been known to produce some nuances like this. If you run into this again, let us know.

Hebrew
03-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Fast Boot has been known to produce some nuances like this. If you run into this again, let us know.

Yes. I will.

Qosmio
03-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Ok, well now I went into the bios and disabled "Fast Boot" and I have been able to shut down and boot up 5 times at least without issue. By no means does this mean fixed as it's mnot a big enough sample but it means fixed until further notice. I will post back if it happens again and I will also post here if I do need to return it. I'd rather keep this one as everything else is very good on this one.

i am 100% sure, you made disabled "Fast Boot" but it doesn't fixed your problem....

HazGra
03-24-2015, 01:14 AM
Same problem here :( The strangest thing is that it's no actualy dead, the screen is workinkg but there is no image on it. I even had this problem after the laptop went to sleep mode so i started it and it was black screened, but when i pressed "space" the movie i was wathhing started and i could hear it but not see it. So actualy the laptop is working - there isn't any image on the screen like the video cable is unplugged from a monitor...

Jlieu
03-24-2015, 01:24 AM
Anyone tried by replacing the ram? Internal ram, try disassemble carefully and replace the ram and test. I've got mine replaced the day after i purchased, so i don't face any issues here.

Archescent
03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
I run my laptop with 2 external monitors, if this issue happens to me then both monitors power up normally and everything is usable. The only way I know its happened is that the ROG logo doesn't come up at the start on the laptop screen.

Corporal
03-24-2015, 03:57 PM
I've had this issue a couple of times. The "solution" is to put it in sleep mode and resume. Takes only a few seconds. I never shut down windows completely, so it hasn't bothered me much.

HazGra
03-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Yeah i forgot to mention that external monitors are working. And corporal that's no solution i had the problem in sleeping mode also.

smallj53
03-26-2015, 01:01 AM
There are so many threads on this issue. Recently I restarted my G751JY 20 or more times. I would have it plugged in and not plugged in. Every time it was plugged in it would black screen when I restarted it. Every flipping time it was not plugged in it would not black screen.

Then I reinstalled Windows and I could not replicate this behaviour again at all. It is back to black screening whenever it feels like it. Before the warranty runs out I will rma it. And I would highly suggest everyone else with this same problem to rma their laptops too. It HAS to be some kind of hardware problem.

leonius84
04-05-2015, 02:35 PM
same problem here.laptop boots to a black screen.when i connect hdmi device windows is running fine.every time this happens if i turn of the laptop then back on the screen works again.
has anyone been able to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue

christrc01
04-05-2015, 04:04 PM
In my case I have fixed this issue by disabling 'fast boot' option into the bios over 1 mont , no black screen and the boot time is short

leonius84
04-05-2015, 04:26 PM
i will defo give that a try.will update with more info

smigi13
04-06-2015, 10:15 PM
HAVE same problem :( 751 JY 16 GB RAM win 8.1. 480 sdd + 1tb hdd

smigi13
04-06-2015, 10:25 PM
HAVE same problem :( 751 JY 16 GB RAM win 8.1. 480 sdd + 1tb hdd

rogerb
05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
I also have the same problem. If the LT goes to sleep, the black screen is evident, but the pc is still responding to key presses etc. I find I can reproduce the issue easily by putting the LT to sleep mode, then powering up from sleep mode.