PDA

View Full Version : G750J black screen problem

ZedQc
03-08-2015, 02:55 AM
I have a G750J ROG. It came with Win 8.0. I updated to 8.1. Now when I start my laptop the screen stay black and the ROG light on the back is black also. I do not even see the ROG logo from boot.
I have to plug an outside LCD screen to see something.
I updated the GTX 765M to 347.52, still no change.
Windows do not see the screen: not in the control panel and not in the nvidia panel.
I have try to remove the battery and unplug the power: not working.
I realy don't know what to do now...

hmscott
03-08-2015, 07:46 AM
I have a G750J ROG. It came with Win 8.0. I updated to 8.1. Now when I start my laptop the screen stay black and the ROG light on the back is black also. I do not even see the ROG logo from boot.
I have to plug an outside LCD screen to see something.
I updated the GTX 765M to 347.52, still no change.
Windows do not see the screen: not in the control panel and not in the nvidia panel.
I have try to remove the battery and unplug the power: not working.
I realy don't know what to do now...

ZedQc, if your G750JW is new enough to be in the return period with the seller, return it for a new one. It sounds like the power section died, or the power adapter died. If you can find another 180w Asus Power Adapter to try, you could see if that solves the power problem.

If you are past the return period, file a Technical Inquiry with Asus to start debugging and eventual RMA to repair.

https://vip.asus.com <== create login, register laptop, file Technical Inquiry

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

ZedQc
03-26-2015, 03:27 PM
hmscott, Thanks! I did send my laptop to Asus for repair. It come back and is working fine now...