PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question about the G73 Laptop

Wpguberu
11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey guys I have the G73Jh and with Battlefield3 and Skyrim. I've got the latest ATI drivers and I constantly get either kicked out of Battlefield3 right to desktop and Skyrim will do the same or GSOD. I still have the very stock original Bios and vBios versions. Now I've done my research and I'm ready to do the Bios to 2.13 and the Asus safe vBios version from Asus. I was curious can I just update the Bios to 2.13 and do the vBios right after even though I've done the ATI drivers or do I have to backup my pc and do a system restore and then do the bios and vbios updates? Let me know, thanks :)

JRd1st
11-15-2011, 04:41 PM
If you use the previous driver, does it work with your games? I wouldn't flash anything, if I were you. Read the forums and you'll see why I say that.

Wpguberu
11-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Which previous driver? Like the ATI one? Cause for some stupid reason Asus only has 1 driver and it's stupid old. I know if you don't update the Bios correctly it could brick your laptop but they all say to use the EZ bios program and not the windows one. So you saying to use a older ATI driver and see what happens? Which version should I use?

JRd1st
11-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes, I mean the previous ATi driver. You don't have to get your drivers from Asus.

People with the Jh are getting all sorts of screen problems. We've been getting a LOT of ATi problems, here, recently. Now what would cause a LOT of people to have problems. I'm thinking it's the BIOS and/or the vbios.

If I'm wrong, I'd be happy to admit it, but I'd rather be wrong than tell you to go ahead and screw your notebook more than it is.

I'm not an ATI person, so whatever driver you have minus 1, I guess. Sorry I couldn't help more on that.

EDIT: Look in THIS post (http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference) for Catalyst drivers.

Wpguberu
11-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok, so goto the ATI site and try a legacy version for the videocard then try the games again? If I still get an issue then try the bios and vbios updates then? That's what I should do eh?

JRd1st
11-15-2011, 05:11 PM
There's a link in my previous post leading to a post with a version that was working ok, otherwise Chastity would have taken it down by now. Just look for in about halfway down.

I just told you what I think. Take that info and do what you want to do.

Wpguberu
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Ok I'll try 11.09 as I'm using 11.10 and see if that helps. Worse case I will do the bios and vbios updates and see if that helps. Many people seem to have excellent results with them. Thanks JRd1st.

Wpguberu
11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I have the 2 year extra warranty from bestbuy so if I do brick it, that will get fix correct?

JRd1st
11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Ask BestBuy. They prolly have different warranties. Even at Asus most say yes but some repair centers say no. :shrug: It's like the Tower of Babel, out there.