PDA

View Full Version : G751 JT fn+F7 and closing the lid question

Alex_____
03-15-2015, 01:51 AM
Hello,

I have a old Asus G73 JH and i press fn + F7, when i'm connected to a external monitor or TV, i just get the monitor of the laptop off, if i closed the lid also no change on the external monitor, using extended displays on windows.

But now with the 751 if i press fn+F7 both displays the laptop and the tv go off for a few seconds and then back on again if i'm watching a movie but it will turn off both displays when i'm on the desktop, when i'm using just the laptop i got both the monitor and the illumination of the laptop off on the G73 i just get the display off on the 751 when i close the lid i got the display only on the tv (like when you chose it as your primary display) and i got the media player out of the screen so i have to start the movie again, when i open it i got the displays extended again.

This is very annoying when i'm watching a movie on the TV, i want the laptop display off, but then someone send me a message on Skype or i just want to google the boobs of the girl in the movie, i want to turn it on again for a brief moment and then off again.

So my question is how can i get the same behavior on the G751 as i get on the G73?

Thanks,

greek_m43
03-15-2015, 08:52 AM
It's really irritating. I just discovered this today. I have to make display 2 the only display since the fn+f7 option doesn't work. I'm going to contact Asus tomorrow.

Alex_____
03-16-2015, 11:41 AM
If you got a solution from them please let me know. :)

Alex_____
03-17-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't think that this is a hardware issue anymore, because both of this applications turn the monitor off, (Wizmo and NirCmd), but none of them has the ability to select a individual display, both of them work like the combo Fn+F7, meanwhile i just use a black webpage with the browser in full screen mode, not the solution that i wanted but it's almost the same thing.