PDA

View Full Version : G73JH BIOS Loop

CableGriM
11-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Hello,

I have a weird issue with my G73JH. When I switch it on it will loop in the BIOS anywhere from 3 - 20 times before it successfully boots into windows. The screen does not flicker or anythin gthe ASUS logo appears and I hear the boot sound over and over again.

If this a common issue that I am experiencing or an I on my own here.?

Cheers
Travis

JRd1st
11-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Sounds like it gets to a point in POST then restarts.

How long have you had this notebook? Can you exchange it? Seems like a hardware issue developing, to me.

CableGriM
11-16-2011, 04:21 AM
I have had it for over 18 months. It has pretty much sat on the desk since we got it until yesterday when I brought it into work and it started. I have also had a couple of random GSOD's that have never occured before. WHen i get home this evening I will update the VBIOS as this has never been done to my knowlegde.

It might be hard to swap it or return it under warranty as it was a gift and I have no receipt.

CableGriM
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Weird. I have taken it home and plugged it in and it posts first time. I have updated the VBIOS as BF3 was causing GSOD's, however I was still getting them till I removed 11.11 catalyst drivers and installed 11.10. I think something may have come loose inside, If I open the unit and reapplied some TIM would that void the warranty?

JRd1st
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Open up the bottom and reseat the drives and ram. ;)

MikeMiller69
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello,

I have a weird issue with my G73JH. When I switch it on it will loop in the BIOS anywhere from 3 - 20 times before it successfully boots into windows. The screen does not flicker or anythin gthe ASUS logo appears and I hear the boot sound over and over again.

If this a common issue that I am experiencing or an I on my own here.?

Cheers
Travis

I'm experiencing the same problem. I haven't been able to get the system to boot, but I didn't have the patience to try 20 times....only like 3-4 times.

And apparently the system is crashing because I wake up and the system is sitting at the BIOS screen...

Any resolution to this problem?

-Mike

xeromist
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
This is a hardware issue. You should try reseating as was mentioned above. If it's still under warranty then anything further you should send it in. If you're no longer under warranty then you may want to follow one of the disassembly videos on Youtube and repaste the CPU & GPU.

MikeMiller69
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
This is a hardware issue. You should try reseating as was mentioned above. If it's still under warranty then anything further you should send it in. If you're no longer under warranty then you may want to follow one of the disassembly videos on Youtube and repaste the CPU & GPU.

Ugh, thanks.

Out of warranty so I guess I'll have to get my hands dirty. Opening and working inside a laptop isn't as easy/fun (for me) as working with a desktop box.

-Mike

xeromist
03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
No it's not. :( I was swapping hard drives yesterday and one of the screws went scooting into the chassis. A 5 minute operation turns into 20-30 in a blink.