PDA

View Full Version : Asus G56 Low FPS while gaming

Jenshll
03-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi!

So i just bought a Asus G56 like 5 days ago, so yestarday then i tried to play counterstrike global offensive on it for the first time i had like 30FPS ingame while my resolution is on 1920x1080 and all Graphics on the lowest settings. So for me to even be able to play the game, i had to put my resolution on like 680x480 i think it's called, and even while playing games like League of Legends i had to put lowest Graphics on and lower my resolution by alot to play the game.

Is there something wrong with the Laptop that i have bought from the store or is the laptop just not stronger than that? because then it seems like a Waste, if it cannot run faster than my 3 year old laptop

Regards
Jens

Dylanmk2
03-17-2015, 03:16 PM
I think you are in the wrong sub-forum, i will try to help anyways though. I would start with checking your software, you need Directx 9 for league of legends, and it's not a bad idea if you play games to just install all Directx packages and Visual C++ packages. If you have DX11 it doesn't mean a Directx 9 game will work so you need to meet certain software requirements for any game out there. If your game is Directx 9 and 32 bit you need the 32 bit version even if your system is 64 bit. All DX and Visual C++ packages can be installed with others already installed, so you can have Directx 9 32bit for game A and Directx 10 64bit for game B. Sorry if you have done this already, just trying to help.

Link-
Directx ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 )

Visual C++ may not be need so you can try without and if needed get it from Microsoft themselves to stay safe. Also check for driver updates, after that if you want better performance right click the GeForce Experience icon in your taskbar, select open Nvidia control panel. Here you can choose to have your gpu used for games and demanding programs (they usually need the power of the Nvidia card as intel graphics sometimes won't cut it.) Hope ths helps, sorry if you knew all of this.