PDA

View Full Version : G750JM-BSI7N23 black screen while gaming

mkacar24@hotmail.com
03-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Hello. This forum seems very helpful. I purchased my G750JM from Best Buy last May. Over the last week I have started to encounter problems while gaming. I searched but I haven't found a thread exactly like what I am experiencing.

First, while playing Starcraft II, the screen froze during a cutscene. The audio continued in the background, all the way to the end of the scene but the screen remained frozen. I hit the windows button, and then clicked back to the desktop, which was now a full black screen, except the task bar. I could open Chrome, the task manager, and any other app I wanted, but I could not access them because the screen stayed black. I could right click them in the task bar and close them as well. The screen was only black on the desktop, the normal windows 8.1 start screen was fine.

Then while playing Diablo 3, during normal gameplay the screen started flashing black every couple of seconds. Again the in game audio continued, but I had no control of the game. Same results as above, exited to start screen, back to desktop, everything black but start bar, and had to restart to fix.

This has now happened four times over the last three days. I am not sure what is happening. I used the Nvidia GForce Experience for recommended in game settings. Are there any suggested tests I could run to help figure this out? I am inexperienced at any type of diagnostic or repair.

Thanks!

Dylanmk2
03-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Do you have all of the Directx and Visual C++ packages you need? Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 require DirectX® 9.0c, I don't about visual c++. One thing to consider is the Directx and visual C++ packages don't replace old versions, so you can install Directx 9 to 11 and eventually 12 without losing compatibility for older games. If you have a 64 bit system continue to get the 32 bit versions as not all games are 64 bit. And yes you can have DX 32bit and DX 64bit both same version. Sorry if you've met this requirement just trying to help.

( if you need it, i recommend only getting these from Microsoft for security reasons. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 )

If it still happens both SC2 and D3 have threads regarding this ( http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9873787537 and https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/black-screen-when-launching-or-playing-starcraft-ii )

mkacar24@hotmail.com
03-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just checked and I am running Directx 11. I contacted the asus technical inbox and got a reply today. They suggested I....

Remove any added memory components. ( I haven't added anything)
Remove any programs that are having the issue and reinstall. (Done)
Reinstall graphics driver. (It updated to the newest version today)
Update the lastest BIOS.
Reset to factory settings.

Guess I will have to try the last two today.

Thanks again.

rigolo
03-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I have the same machine. There have been reports of crashing issues with the latest drivers. I would try rolling back the driver, maybe to the one available on the ASUS site.

Also, in the thread I wrote about overclocking this model, hmscott was commenting on how I didn't seem to be affected by any of the issues plaguing some 860M owners. He had a theory that, possibly, over-volting was actually fixing them. I cannot confirm or deny this. But it wouldn't hurt to slightly overclock your machine and see. It seems that ASUS released these with settings on the lower side of their potential performance. You would need to roll back the driver anyway, to do this, since NVIDIA disabled overclocking in the newest driver. So you can maybe try both at once. It isn't permanent, just during your current boot. See the thread below for details.

Dylanmk2
03-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Diablo uses Dx 9c, Dx 11 does not have the required files to run a program that requires DX 9. I have installed all DX versions and have had zero issues playing Diablo 3 or any game.

masri_chia
03-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Mkacar24@hotmail.com hey how's the issue? I having the same problem. Does doing the follow help with the black screen popping on and off problems? I am thinking about sending it to asus to repair the issue. Just bought the god dammit laptop 2 days ago holy ****!