PDA

View Full Version : Overheating G55VW

easyway
03-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Hy. so my g55vw was sent recently to a authorized asus service for a upgrade and cleaning and they replaced the cooling module but now after the replacement I get much more higher temp in on my laptop. I attached some screenshots when I was saving a video from adobe premier. so I that normal?

Nahrga
03-18-2015, 07:12 PM
No it is not normal.

I had overheating issues with my G55VW as well (my CPU temperature hit 97C). So I disassembled the whole laptop, cleaned the fans and applied new thermal paste. Now my CPU temperature doesn't go over 80C and GPU stays around 65C when gaming. My idle temps are around 40-45 for CPU and 30-35 for GPU. I ran a CPU stress test on the CPU where I stressed it to 100% and the CPU hit 90C and stayed there.

Those temperatures you got are just too high. They are so high that I believe it's your CPU just throttling itself to keep it self around 100C and not your cooling keeping it from reacing higher. If you keep running your CPU at or over 100C it can damage it in the end. If I where you I would get it back to that Asus Service and demand them to repair it.

easyway
03-19-2015, 06:55 PM
thanks for the reply and for the advice