PDA

View Full Version : Now that OEM keys do not work....

Slitherstep
03-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone :) I am new here and have looked around about various issues from time to time concerning my G73jh laptop. I recently experienced a HDD failure and replaced the stock HDD with an SSD. The problem? The recovery disks do not work. I have tried the sugestions here on the forum about repairing the boot files/boot structure/several other means to fix this and they have all failed. The error about the c:\recovery.dat not being able to open. I even tried using the bootable installation disk from annother version of Windows 7 (ultimate) to repair the boot section/file structure and so on but this failed as well. The version of Windows which was installed (and that I made the recovery disks for) was Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. Since you can no longer download the ISO files from Digital River because of the change in policy brought about by Microsoft, and since you can't use OEM keys to download them from Microsoft software recovery, is ASUS going to provide them for download?? I searched here on the forums and was not able to find any information about this......

I would like to get a copy (ISO) to reinstall on the laptop from a reputable source and would think ASUS would provide this since the changes that have come about do not allow users/purchasers of their systems to do so on thier own now.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

God said "Let there be light." He didn't say I had to share it with you! :) Muhahaha

C4RN1
03-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Try this

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40030-ASUS-OEM-License-Restorer-%28Win7%29

Slitherstep
03-19-2015, 12:14 AM
I appreciate the link. Thank you! Doesn't address the issue of not having access to an ISO download though. Still need an ISO to install from...this just validates the OEM license once you have it (the ISO to install.) Migh come in handy if I can get a copy or access to a Win 7 64bit Home Premium disk or ISO from somewhere....... :)

Myk SilentShadow
03-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Try this Microsoft link I just found after a quick search on Google

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

C4RN1
03-19-2015, 07:25 AM
I'll upload one for you, I'll post a link in here when it's finished.

C4RN1
03-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Check your PM's I sent you a link and instructions

chris442
03-31-2015, 12:31 AM
I'll upload one for you, I'll post a link in here when it's finished.

Are you able to post the link? I've tried using my oem key, but don't have an oem iso. Trying to make a bootable usb to add a SSD to my G74SX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C4RN1
03-31-2015, 06:01 AM
I'll send you a PM

DonErgoGyver
04-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Are you able to post the link? I've tried using my oem key, but don't have an oem iso. Trying to make a bootable usb to add a SSD to my G74SX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have an oem iso too (for my G75VW). And I would also appreciate if someone could help me get the Home Prem OA x64 to repair my OS.

Beth_anne
08-15-2015, 04:20 PM
I did the same thing that Slitherstep did to my G73JH. I will also need Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Did you have a resolution?

Clintlgm
08-17-2015, 04:54 AM
You should be able to get your ISO or create recovery media from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery