PDA

View Full Version : Need Help instal windows from HDD ext

pegadroid
03-22-2015, 10:47 AM
I can not install windows 8.1 From an external HDD with UEFI.
before I could install windows 8.1 from an external HDD.
then I tried to install it on another motherboard (MSI) result I can install windows 8.1 UEFI. but in asus maximus VII hero I can not install windows 8.1 with UEFI, always go to legacy

drop4205
03-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Did you go into bios, insert dvd in drive, save and reset then reenter bios? I know if I just go to bios and insert the dvd it wont uefi. I need to restart and go back into bios for it to read it as uefi

pegadroid
03-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Did you go into bios, insert dvd in drive, save and reset then reenter bios? I know if I just go to bios and insert the dvd it wont uefi. I need to restart and go back into bios for it to read it as uefi

i use windows instalation from external HDD. not from DVD.
yes, when use DVD its normal and i can instal with UEFI, but when use windows instalation from External HDD my asus maximus VII hero always install not UEFI (legacy mode). and when i use same media instalation (external HDD) to another motherboard (MSI Z97) can install with UEFI mode

Clintlgm
03-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Esc Key or F8 key on boot should give you a boot menu, from there select your ext hd UEFI to boot

pegadroid
03-25-2015, 04:38 AM
Esc Key or F8 key on boot should give you a boot menu, from there select your ext hd UEFI to boot

yes, I see the option UEFI external HDD, but when I select it, pc go into bios.
"My UEFI external HDD work in another motherboard"