PDA

View Full Version : G751 JY FPS Issues? I Don't Know Where Too Start or What To Do?

Buckeye80844
03-23-2015, 07:09 PM
I got this laptop 10 days ago. I updated all drivers and did everything I believe I was supposed to do to get it up and running.

The only game I play is Planetside 2. For the first 7 days everything seemed fine. Everytime I would log into the game it would be at 74 fps. It would occasionally go down to the 40-50's for large battles.

Now, when I log into the game it starts at 30fps and goes down into the 20's.

I've done absolutely nothing different to the laptop to understand why this is happening. The in game fps monitor says it is the cpu.

Please educate me on what to do and check?

ELZZZORRO
03-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I actually had the same exact issue only to find out that accidentally my laptop was disconnected from the power source and was running on battery only. This is silly but true.

Buckeye80844
03-24-2015, 06:30 PM
I actually had the same exact issue only to find out that accidentally my laptop was disconnected from the power source and was running on battery only. This is silly but true.

I'm not sure what is going on. Now I get a plugged in but no charging from the power display tray. I went into device manager and unistalled the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and that didn't work. I am so frustrated with this laptop already.

Edit Post: I found out that the not charging thing is part of a battery saving part of the laptop so...whew I ended up logging back into Planetside 2 today and I was getting fps cpu readings in the 110-115 range. It has never been that high of a reading ever. I have no idea what is causing the fps to go from stable in the 70's for a week, to 30 a couple days ago to now over 100.

Corporal
03-24-2015, 08:09 PM
You can use a benchmark tool to find out whether your Laptop is defective.

Download the Performance test from here http://www.passmark.com/products/index.htm
After you've completed the test, you can compare your score to other g751jy Laptops who have uploaded their score to database. If your score is about the same as other g751jy's - it's the game incompatibility with windows 8 or whatever issue, not hardware related.