PDA

View Full Version : BIOS boot order

anthonys
03-24-2015, 12:51 PM
I have a G751JT with the 205 BIO's im trying to change the boot order to have my DVD drive boot first then the HD.

V/R
thanks

Clintlgm
03-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Delete or F2 should get you into the BIOS to change boot order?
ESC key on boot up will give you a boot menu where you can select to boot from any bootable devices as in DVD to boot from 1 time

anthonys
03-25-2015, 05:59 AM
Delete or F2 should get you into the BIOS to change boot order?
ESC key on boot up will give you a boot menu where you can select to boot from any bootable devices as in DVD to boot from 1 time

Ok so that pops up with just one boot option windows boot manager (PO: HGST HTS72101A9E630)
The other option below that is go str8 to BIOS ok so the bios right same thing just one boot option and when i try to make another one the dvd isnt even an option for that… what im trying to do is put 2 operating systems on same hardrive on different partitions win8 and win7

Clintlgm
03-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Yes you will need to partition your hard drive C:\ partition in two 2 partitions. and install win 7 to one and win 8 to the other. Both have to be 64 bit or 32 bit and UEFI or MBR you can't mix them. [B]oth have to be the same. Windows will not boot from USB Ext Hard drive.

The DVD will only be there if you have bootable media in it.