PDA

View Full Version : G751 JY: Plugged In Not Charging?

Buckeye80844
03-24-2015, 06:45 PM
On the power options tray it says 97% available, plugged in not charging. I did a search to try and find an answer and it came up with unistalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from the device manager and rebooting. I tried that and it did not work.

One time I unplugged the ac adapter, rebooted and then reinserted the adapter and it began charging again, but then once again went back to plugged in not charging.

Anyone have ideas what I can do before I have to return this 10 old laptop? : (

Corporal
03-24-2015, 06:54 PM
The laptop won't charge unless the battery level drops under 95%. It is a feature designed to save battery so that it lasts longer. It is hard-coded in bios and you won't be able to change it.

NitroX
03-24-2015, 06:55 PM
My god... you could've just searched for G751 Battery and you would have gotten your answer... The battery on the G751 is smart, therefore it doesn't charge continuously in order to preserve the battery life. So, when your battery charging level reaches 100%, the notebook stops charging the battery and this is why you see "battery not charging" at 97%. This goes on until the battery level goes under 95% and then the battery starts charging again to 100%. After it is fully charged it will again stop charging until the battery level goes under 95%.

Also, shutting down, restarting, hibernating doesn't affect the way the battery is charged. So, as long as it's charging level will be above 95% the battery indicator will tell you that the battery is not charging.

If you want to see if there is indeed something wrong with your battery you can use the laptop while on battery power until it goes under 95% (to 80% for example) and then plug the AC adapter and see if it is charging.

Buckeye80844
03-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Thank you to both of you. I did a better search and found out what you guys said. Thanks again for your help. I've been having fps issues and thought maybe it was tied to power issue and me having a dud of a laptop.

Yeti1990
04-12-2015, 06:49 PM
OMG. I just spent an hour freaking out over this very same issue, because my CS:GO became choppy and I noticed my battery was falling below 99% even while charging (which seemed odd to me given that it's plugged in). Was convinced my battery was jacked up or something. Thanks for the replies, btw.

EDIT: GO Blue!