PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweek and FurMark Stress Testing?

Buckeye80844
03-24-2015, 09:39 PM
So I get this Asus GPU Tweek application that pops up every time I boot my laptop. I did a search and found this website. http://rog.asus.com/96782012/gaming-graphics-cards-2/a-simple-guide-to-overclocking-your-graphics-card-with-gpu-tweak/

I have been reading and following their directions that I can overclock my gpu and memory. It said to start with memory and go up 100MHz and run the Furmark Benchmark test until it crashes. I got my number of 6510 for that one.

Then it says to test the GPU clock going up 10MHz every test as well until it crashes. I did that and it never crashed to the max number of 1261.

I'm not sure what to do now that the max GPU clock number maxed out without crashing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Zchivago
03-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Download OCCT and try that stress test at those settings :P

But, seriously, how long did you run FurMark at the 1261 MHz? If a crash was imminent, I think it would happen pretty fast. You probably won't be able to push the clock any higher with your laptop without making warranty-voiding changes to the VBIOS.

If you can run FurMark for a while without a crash - or, burn up your GPU - then load up your favorite game and see how different it feels!

Be careful, though - it's a tough bug to kick, once you start OCing.

Z

Buckeye80844
03-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Download OCCT and try that stress test at those settings :P

But, seriously, how long did you run FurMark at the 1261 MHz? If a crash was imminent, I think it would happen pretty fast. You probably won't be able to push the clock any higher with your laptop without making warranty-voiding changes to the VBIOS.

If you can run FurMark for a while without a crash - or, burn up your GPU - then load up your favorite game and see how different it feels!

Be careful, though - it's a tough bug to kick, once you start OCing.

Z
I ran the max gpu clock for one minute. That is how long the GPU benchmark test last until it ends. The heat was 72C. The ASUS instructions said to get baseline numbers for the memory and gpu then put them together backed off a little bit and rerun the test. That is what I wanted to do. I'm not sure what to do now that the gpu clocked didn't crash at maxed. Should I use the max gpu number and my baseline number for memory?

Based on the ASUS instructions I thought I would get a GPU clock crash before maxing. Now I'm confused.

Buckeye80844
03-25-2015, 05:12 PM
So I ended up finding some numbers where the system would finally crash.

My pass numbers are:
GPU clock - 1230MHz
Memory clock - 6360MHz

I ran a stress test on furmark for about 10 minutes with no crash. I could hear the fan running and the temps got up to 76C and stayed stable at that temperature. Is that a safe or unsafe temperature to be at?

Dr. Zchivago
03-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Normally, I'd say that temp would be fine. HOWEVER, all of those artifacts are screaming at you to back off.

Z

Buckeye80844
03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Normally, I'd say that temp would be fine. HOWEVER, all of those artifacts are screaming at you to back off.

Z

Yeah, I didn't get any of those artifacts from the benchmark test. This pic was from the stress test and the boxes(artifacts) would change colors and go across the screen as if it was part of the program.