PDA

View Full Version : ROG and Steam Key are not working G751JY-T7059H

Schinkenwürfel
03-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Hello guys i dont know if this is the right Forumpart for this thread but i got a problem with my new asus g751jy-T7059H. The Laptop works pretty well and everything workt perfectly. But now the steam key and the rog key arent working. So before the steam key opend steam in big picture mode and the rog key opend the asus gaming center, but my problem is now that they arent doing anything now.
So my question is why arent they working and if somebody can help me.

Thanks Schinkenwürfel

!llusionist
04-04-2015, 05:18 AM
Are you experiencing those problems under linux? (steam machine is based on it)

if so you need to check wheter or not you havethe following enabled in your kernel
CONFIG_ASUS_LAPTOP:
CONFIG_ACPI_WMI:
(ASUS_WMI)

keep in mind that some of those will require HOTPLUG_PCI on recent kernel versions

You will also need to setup key actions with keybindings (xbindkeys) since actions for those keys are not provided by the kernel (only their detection is)

A good thread for the steam key: http://askubuntu.com/questions/572993/how-to-make-the-steam-key-on-asus-rog-laptop-work

To enable the rog key and assign it to power management you will need to make a script to toggle between power modes and keybind it (will depend on what application you use for power management)