PDA

View Full Version : Bios for G75vx and G75vw interchangeable ?

dssence
03-26-2015, 04:22 AM
Hi guys, do you know if these bios are interchangeable? , I've got a G75vw which didn't boot show anything on screen, corrupted bios.
As I couldn't find the full dump from G75VW 8mb file I found G75VX full dump instad , flashed eeprom with eeprom programmer.
The laptop turned on fine, I could enter bios but is this bios compatible? . I tried instlaling windows 7 and it gets stuck on the
windows logo and doesn't initialize installation. If anyone has handy full dump for G75VW that would be great. IT's an 8mb file not
the one from asus site which is 6mb

Clintlgm
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Well since the VW and VX have different BIOS files my guess is that they are not compatible. The used to be some threads on Custom BIOS for G75vw but those threads most likely have been delete since were merged back in to older G series! I would PM cl-albert for assistance. Generally Bricked BIOS can be flashed back, if you are not having other hardware issued.

Pandur
03-28-2015, 09:06 AM
It would contain the wrong gfx firmware minimum afaik. And I would assume there's more differences as well. Sorry I can't help with the bios file, I got a G55VW myself.