PDA

View Full Version : G750JW Hard Drive Swap From Old to New Laptop

BCbrad
03-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi,
I have had my G750JW for about 2 years and the screen has started scrambling pixels randomly. It does this at all times even the windows log in screen. It also does it when plugged in to a monitor using an HDMI cable. I will have to go through the RMA process, which sucks but what ever... do what you need to do.

My issue is that I run my business off of this laptop and can not loose it for the standard repair/service time plus 1 week shipping each way across the country. I am in British Columbia and the only service center in in Ontario. I had been contemplating buying a new one anyways so that I don't find my self in this situation. I upgraded the HDD to a 1TB SSD Samsung EVO a few months back, and am eyeballing the G751. Can I buy a new laptop swap the SSD with te operating system and then be up and running?

cl-Albert
03-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Hi,
Sorry, don't have a definite answer to your question, but if you are mainly concerned about data from your old hard drive, just wanted to remind you about the option of getting an external housing hard drive to connect it externally by USB 3.0 (and transfer over the data eventually?) to your new notebook if this helps at all.

You still need to reinstall all your programs and software on your new notebook of course.

Well, hope it helps or we can get more suggestions.