PDA

View Full Version : G750jz screen flickrs everytime i move the lid

Fadi_Shehadeh
03-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi

I am having problems with my g750jz screen.

It flickrs everytime i move the lid.

I removed the bezel, unscrewed the lcd, remove it then placed it back, returned the bezel, after doing so, the screen worked fine for 10 days without flickering then flickering starts again.

I noticed it also flickers more depending on the color in the background and specially on win 8.1 login screen.

I replaced the screen, still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

fadishehadwh
03-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Any ideas?

navis995
03-27-2015, 02:31 PM
RMA, if it's not under warranty any more then you'll have to pay it for yourself. Similar incident has been reported and user has defected screen.

hmscott
03-27-2015, 11:34 PM
Hi

I am having problems with my g750jz screen.

It flickrs everytime i move the lid.

I removed the bezel, unscrewed the lcd, remove it then placed it back, returned the bezel, after doing so, the screen worked fine for 10 days without flickering then flickering starts again.

I noticed it also flickers more depending on the color in the background and specially on win 8.1 login screen.

I replaced the screen, still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

Fadi_Shehadeh, it might be the cable connecting the display adapter board to the motherboard. There are two ends to the cable - you don't mention the cable in your explanation - so go back and find the end of the cable to the display adapter, and press it in to see if it needs further seating.

Did you try wiggling stuff while the laptop was on with the display bezel off? Try wiggling that cable after re-seating and see if that was it. If it still flickers when wiggling, you need to open up the laptop to get at the other end of the cable.

Giving re-seating both ends of the cable, it could be a bad cable - you can get replacements on ebay or elsewhere - that would be the cheapest.

If there are boards that are plugged in, try re-seating those as well - wiggle for flicker effect.

The G750JZ is new enough to still be under warranty, I would stop all fiddling with it yourself and put together a little video clip of you moving the laptop screen causing flicker and attach that to an RMA request through a Technical Inquiry.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry requesting RMA - and attach the video as a zip file to the Technical Inquiry.

Please come back and let us know how this works out :)