PDA

View Full Version : G771JM Same Power Options Plugged or Unplugged??? FPS Issues

bleah1
03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Hello there !
I have the same power options on my Asus whether it's plugged or unplugged, but in any game I have a large FPS drop when I unplug it and run it on battery life. I can't keep it always plugged in because I don't want to wreck the battery.

Also, in League of Legends, if I plug it in I have an increase in FPS. In Lords of the Fallen if I plug it in I have a decrease in FPS. WTF, right ?

Any ideeas ?

Prostar Computer
03-27-2015, 05:21 PM
You cannot run the NVidia graphics off of the battery. The battery is not able to supply enough power to both the NVidia chip and the Intel chip.

As far as your discrepancy with your games, that is weird! You might want to give your NVidia 3D settings a once over. Also, if you're using GeForce Experience, stahp; sometimes it does not do as much good as it claims.

bleah1
03-27-2015, 06:41 PM
You cannot run the NVidia graphics off of the battery. The battery is not able to supply enough power to both the NVidia chip and the Intel chip.

As far as your discrepancy with your games, that is weird! You might want to give your NVidia 3D settings a once over. Also, if you're using GeForce Experience, stahp; sometimes it does not do as much good as it claims.

What do you mean by "not using GeForce Experience" ? How was I using it 'till now ? xD

And how should I set the NVidia 3D ?

Also, should I use the provided NVidia Driver (version 333 which is outdated) or should I update to the last driver provided by NVidia ?
I heard that Asus made some customization for their driver, but I can't get over the fact that is outdated !

Also, can you please check my >other thread< (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59501-G771JM-drivers-and-stuff&p=486780#post486780) ?

OCFreak
03-29-2015, 12:36 PM
As for getting more fps with power connected I do not know.

But you WILL NOT get full pwerformance when running on battery, no way to fix that. The battery is not capable of delivering enough power for full performance, that is common for all modern laptops.

Corporal
03-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Hello there !
I can't keep it always plugged in because I don't want to wreck the battery.

You will not damage your battery if you keep your laptop plugged in. The battery stops charging at 100% and resumes charging when battery drops below 95%. This drop will take weeks if you keep your laptop plugged in constantly. The laptop battery is not used at all when you run your laptop from AC.
When you are not plugged in you are in fact damaging the battery, because the battery cycles are limited and you are using them.
Info about Li-ion batteries: http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html

ROGer G551
03-30-2015, 07:13 PM
I was told when I bought my last laptop that constantly running from the AC when your battery is plugged in does ruin it.
So I simply just don't have my battery in when I'm on AC!
I'm mostly on AC anyway, at work, at home, almost everywhere, so not having the battery in makes the notebook lighter to carry (well the power brick weighs a fair bit)
I had my G551 for almost 4 weeks and still hadn't take the battery out of it's packet yet lol