PDA

View Full Version : Wow I accidentally scratched my screen

hydrarog
03-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Asus ROG G751-DH72

Anyways I forgot to cut my nails and I accidentally left a little mark on my screen. It's about 1 inch or a little more. It's not visible to eye but if you shine (iphone flashlight) on the screen in a black background you can see it. I still can return it to best buy. What should I do? I don't have OCD but I like everything perfect and this is stressing me out thinking that I scratched my display..

darknyght
03-29-2015, 12:52 AM
mate as long its not noticeable then live with it , what happened happened and no way to get it back , if u watch movies , play games and u don't see that scratch unless screen is turned off then its fine
if u have good panel without back light bleed (don't return it as u would never get the same panel again ) i would prefer 1 inch unnoticeable scratch more than back light bleed

hydrarog
03-29-2015, 05:20 PM
I can still return it tho. And no my nails aren't razor blades. It's like around a cm or less deep in the screen.

XOIIO
03-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Sounds like they are razer blades, I really doubt they got 1cm into the screen though.

hydrarog
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
My measuring skills might be off but it's a tiny dent.

joshindaphils
03-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Your laptop likely comes with accidental damage coverage (another great reason to get the G751, at least in the US) I think you just need to register your device and you can claim the service.

In my opinion returning the device is not good behavior. Own your actions, don't burden the retailer with your mistake. I do believe you only get one claim for accidental damage so you may want to hold off until the end of the coverage period if the screen is otherwise usable.