PDA

View Full Version : G771JM-DH11 - No Insert Key - What the heck ASUS?

martelle
04-01-2015, 05:41 PM
So... after having this thing for a week... I'm wondering what were the folks at ASUS were smoking when they designed the keyboard on this thing? There's a ton of space you swapped the Insert key for a power button?

Sadly, it's the one button I use quite often when typing to move the cursor around. I'm so used to it being where the power button is, I keep shutting off the darn thing.

Call it a gripe. :P

Gps3dx
04-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Hi m8..
Try my solution From that thread here (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59604-***-GUIDE-Remap-Fn-keys-***).

Frankenweenie
04-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Pretty much my thought process when I finally got my GL771JM. The keyboard layout is absolutely moronic, as well as the inertial scrolling.
Power button instead of End key? Really, ASUS? You can only activate the End key by toggling OFF the numpad and pressing numpad1? Really?
Why is the power button a keyboard button at all? When is this ever a good idea?
Horrible design.

XOIIO
04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Franken can you post a picture of your keyboard? That sounds weird, I have the JT and I have an end key and an end key on the number pad. Delete is also the insert key for me.