PDA

View Full Version : CAMERA G751jy - virtual camera / pixelmaster hdr

diogogmaio
04-01-2015, 10:03 PM
So...simple question... There is no CAMERA panel in the support area of my G751jy. The only driver is " PIXEL MASTER HDR". So I installed the old Asus Virtual Camera app to see if there is any improvement. My camera is fine but two things:

1 - I cannot flip the image from left to right. It's reversed (not upside down) ---> this is not major issue but i don't jnow how to change...also ASus VIRTUAL CAMERA is really necessary? I ask this because i don't like the quality on the nigh setting. It'stoo blurry.

2 - I went to skype and I have the regular camera (ASUS VIRTUAL CAMERA enabled) BUT ALSO the pixel master hdr that seems better (HDR filter) but also it's blurry and shaky.

So my final question is...what's your settings about the camera? ASUS Virtual Camerainstall - yes or no? Where can I find the control panel of the pixelmaster hdr? For the asus virtual camera there is the tray icon but for the pixelmaster there is not any tray icon or software.

I want the best possible quality. Please reply.

hmscott
04-04-2015, 08:23 AM
So...simple question... There is no CAMERA panel in the support area of my G751jy. The only driver is " PIXEL MASTER HDR". So I installed the old Asus Virtual Camera app to see if there is any improvement. My camera is fine but two things:
1 - I cannot flip the image from left to right. It's reversed (not upside down) ---> this is not major issue but i don't jnow how to change...also ASus VIRTUAL CAMERA is really necessary? I ask this because i don't like the quality on the nigh setting. It'stoo blurry.
2 - I went to skype and I have the regular camera (ASUS VIRTUAL CAMERA enabled) BUT ALSO the pixel master hdr that seems better (HDR filter) but also it's blurry and shaky.
So my final question is...what's your settings about the camera? ASUS Virtual Camerainstall - yes or no? Where can I find the control panel of the pixelmaster hdr? For the asus virtual camera there is the tray icon but for the pixelmaster there is not any tray icon or software.
I want the best possible quality. Please reply.

diogogmaio, the Asus Virtual Camera support wasn't even working for the G750, it hasn't been kept up to date.

I don't really use the webcam, but if I needed the best image, I would use a 3rd party camera that is supported as an independent product, with promise of long time support.

I haven't tried it for a while, but when I had a logitech camera to use for field work, I could also use that software to control the built in webcam.

Asus really need to get their act together for supporting the webcam. Maybe upgrade the hardware in conjunction with a company that has a good software package :)

If your research digs something up that you find useful, please share it :)

diogogmaio
04-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Yeah i'm still not aware if we need to have or not the software. Someone with the computer g751Jy can confirm? What software do you use instead hmscoot? Or only a new camera?
I'm asking this because i want to give a chance to this camera.

hmscott
04-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah i'm still not aware if we need to have or not the software. Someone with the computer g751Jy can confirm? What software do you use instead hmscoot? Or only a new camera?
I'm asking this because i want to give a chance to this camera.

diogogmaio, I would set up a test between the G751 and another desktop/laptop you have control over, so you can see both ends, and use whatever software you plan on using for video conferencing, or Skype, Google Hangouts, or?

Too bad this isn't for Windows (or that you need Linux), it is what you are looking for :)

WebcamStudio For GNU/Linux
http://sourceforge.net/projects/webcamstudio/

Somebody had the same thought, here is a list of similar software for other platforms, Windows/Mac/?
http://alternativeto.net/software/webcamstudio/

I guess hit the google search a few times and see if you can find anything new. I went through this a while back and didn't find much, maybe that has changed.

I haven't needed to purchase a webcam for a while, so I can't help you there either, but pick something that is from a large company to start, but check their hardware and software reviews and their support forums to see how happy people are with their purchase.

And, make sure you take into account the speed of your internet connection before getting a 4k streaming camera ;)

Here are some links on how to adjust webcam settings for Skype - this one looks like the same control panel as VirtualCam from Asus :)

Adjusting Webcam Video Settings in Skype
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=41744

Skype - adjust the settings of your webcam
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10703-skype-adjust-the-settings-of-your-webcam

Skype Forums - Windows Webcam search, posts.
http://community.skype.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=category%3AEnglish&q=windows+webcam

I wouldn't wait for user responses here, last couple of times, there were no responses at all...

What software do you want to use for streaming video from the webcam?

diogogmaio
11-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I am having problems installing pixelmaster hdr in windows 10...i install it but then it doesn't appear to choose in skype and everywhere...

diogogmaio
11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
it is a new problem found